Replies

• Dhawa74
    Dhawa74 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi...we are def in the same boat. Feel free to add me
  • glarant
    glarant Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've lost count how many times I've "restarted". Am completely disgusted with how I've let myself go as well as my seeming inability to maintain motivation, determination and will power.
  • Mike9294
    Mike9294 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have “started” upwards of 15 or 20 times. I know how tough it can be be. But this time I am sticking to it and its been three weeks now! Usually it last about 3 days. Feel free to add me!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    To restart, you have to quit first. Why do you think you quit?

Is it because you are dieting? Diets are designed for the folks who go “on” them to quit.

Try weight loss. It’s a process. If done right, at the end you’ve found a new way to live at your goal weight. Basically weight loss is a set of problem solving skills. When you encounter an obstacle that hangs you up, you keep problem solving.

Edison tried 100s times to get his light bulb to work. If Edison had been on a diet, after 3 days he would have declared himself a failure and had 3 hot fudge sundaes.

This time when you get stuck don’t quit. Just because you haven’t found a solution to the problem of the day (there seems to be one every day) doesn’t mean the solution doesn’t exist.

This time set yourself up to succeed. Start a food diary and commit to keeping a faithful account of everything you eat or drink that has calories. Even if you go wildly over your number, keep your diary going. When you encounter calorie counting gray areas, just do you best to put a number on everything and keep going. The process is more important than the numbers. Get and use a food scale.

Calorie deficit. Unless you are training hard, leave your calorie “burn” out of it. Calculate your number to lose 1 lb per week and try a test of 2-3 months. Always evaluate your progress along 2 lines. Is your weight on a downward trend over a couple of months? Are you satisfied with how you are living? In weight loss, as opposed to dieting, it’s perfectly fine, actually desirable, to not be suffering, or miserable.

That voice in your head telling you your losses should be bigger, or that it will take too long to get to goal, is the voice that has messed you up so many times. Don’t listen.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Get out of your own head. Being overweight becomes a "victim" like state. Where you can feel stuck, trapped, like it is too late..like being thin again will never happen.

Yet It is your daily habits that have gotten you overweight. Eating the wrong things, doing the wrong things, daily rituals and habits of fatty foods and lethargic lifestyle.

So again, it is new daily habits that will change your life and your body. Eat the right things, do the right things like walking and moving, educate yourself about food and how what you eat 100% impacts how you feel and your longevity.

It sucks to change all that. It takes work. But you can and will succeed. Decide that you're going to make a change not go on a diet.

There is absolutely no way you can get fit and keep the lifestyle you have. Mourn the loss of that..and move on to a new better you. You can do it!!!!

• raetomlin
    raetomlin Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Feel free to add me I’m in the same boat