How much did you lose your first week?

Options
Newbie here,
How much did you lose your first week?
I am logging everything i eat, have done for the last week. Had a very big suprise on the scales this morning 😁 even after a cheat over the weekend. The only form of exercise i am doing is walking at the moment as just had a baby 6 weeks ago.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I can't remember, I don't think I even weighed myself in the beginning, but I assume it was a load of water weight like most people get when they first start out.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    From memory (it was over 6 years ago)...I didn't lose a thing, in fact it was a few weeks before I saw any change. No whooshes for me like so many do but I think that was down to me not having much to lose (20lbs) and the fact I'd set my loss at 0.5lb a week.
  • sammhollis6
    sammhollis6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was 17 stone at 39 weeks pregnant. 14 stone 7lbs 3 weeks after baby was born and was that weight when i started last week. This morning i weighed 14 stone 1lb.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I lost nothing until week 3.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    0 pounds. I was close to a healthy BMI so I didn't expect a loss. Losing within the first week is usually attributed to water weight, not actual mass loss.

I'm glad you see a loss on the scale! Don't be surprised if it jumps up again over the next several days. You also have the extra variable of post partum hormones. It took almost a year to make that baby so it can take a long time to get back to (almost) normal.

Stay motivated, keep logging and you'll do just fine!

• kellie7850
    kellie7850 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    0 for me. Early days
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I lost 1kg in my first week.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Nothing, takes me a month before anything really happens.
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I lost nothing the first week. Didn’t see a change in the scale until the end of week two, start of week three.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    2.5 lbs.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    3 pounds.....of water, I am sure. :)

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I didn't really start noticing until week 2. No scale victories, as I was far too fat for at home scales. I gauged my losses through my clothes. The chair no longer creaking from my weight. Being able to put on my seatbelt. Being able to walk up the staircase without my arms touching on both sides.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    First week? 4.8lbs, mostly water weight.
  • gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My first week I lost like 5 lbs. basically ran until I couldn't run anymore and then walked and then ran some more. Lifted weights and next day I couldn't move my arms lol...First week I ever went without eating fast food or pizza and drinking Mountain Dew in years. My body went into shock and I lost weight quick as hell...currently at 12 lbs lost after about 6 weeks. Best of luck!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    4 lbs this time around (female). No particular exercise, just trying to hit at least 5000 steps per day and eating between 1200-1300, though there was one day that was closer to 2000.

BF is doing it with me as well and he lost 8 the first week, also no particular exercise. We both have over 70 to lose.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    1 kg