Staying in Calorie Range?

Options
Does it matter if you eat a few sweets within the calorie range? Does this slow down weight loss? I love chocolate. I only eat maybe 200 calories worth a day. Trust me I weigh it! Could that be slowing down my weight loss? Eating 1300 calories a day for weight loss.

Replies

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    If you're under your calorie target, you'll lose weight :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How do you think it would possibly slow down weightloss, when sticking to your calorie goal is what creates weightloss?
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I still eat my sweet treats (your welcome to look at my food diary) I want to lose my weight and enjoy it! xx
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Does it matter if you eat a few sweets within the calorie range? Does this slow down weight loss? I love chocolate. I only eat maybe 200 calories worth a day. Trust me I weigh it! Could that be slowing down my weight loss? Eating 1300 calories a day for weight loss.

I'm assuming that you've been logging for at least 4 weeks (hopefully more) when I say this:

There is only one thing that could be slowing down your weight loss. You're eating more calories than you think you are. Even if you weight everything you eat, it's very possible to select an inaccurate entry from the database when you log it. That will give you the appearance of logging perfect calories without any result.

It is also possible that you're logging just fine, but your weight loss is being masked by other factors such as water retention.

It is not possible that you are eating within your calorie deficit and not losing weight, regardless of what you're eating.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options

Eating some chocolate every day will not impact on your weight loss if you stay around your calorie goal. However, for health, eating too many treats may mean your body is not getting sufficient vitamins, minerals, fibre and protein. As long as you are meeting those targets then go for it and enjoy. Not eating food we really enjoy will only backfire on us in the long run!
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t worry about eating chocolate every day unless you are constantly going over your calories. The food you eat doesn’t define how fast the weight falls off.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Nope. As long as you're in your calorie range, having treats (candy, cake, beer, etc), isn't going to hinder your progress.

Also, there are various studies that indicate that having a small peice (Hershey miniature size) or dark chocolate every day is actually good for you. Maybe it's true, maybe it's just that people who don't eat chocolate are more miserable.

BTW: I generally have at least one treat a day (sometimes 2 or 3). Today's treats are a Moscato spritzer and slice of apple cinnamon coffee cake. I'm still in my calorie budget, so I'm still going to lose weight
  • Inspiration15
    Inspiration15 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I'm assuming that you've been logging for at least 4 weeks (hopefully more) when I say this:

There is only one thing that could be slowing down your weight loss. You're eating more calories than you think you are. Even if you weight everything you eat, it's very possible to select an inaccurate entry from the database when you log it. That will give you the appearance of logging perfect calories without any result.

It is also possible that you're logging just fine, but your weight loss is being masked by other factors such as water retention.

It is not possible that you are eating within your calorie deficit and not losing weight, regardless of what you're eating.

I think that because I have lost and gained a lot of weight over my teen:adult life I can’t lose weight at all anymore unless I eat 800 calories a day or do some crazy Medifast diet. I have logged and weighed my food. I set my goal for 1200 calories just Incase I under estimate my calories. I am 5’6” and weigh 158lbs. That is too much. I want to weigh 140-143. I always gain back. No matter what. I have been doing this for 38 days. Lost maybe one pound. What to do?