Exercising and eating...a lot!

I exercise 7 days a week. Running, CrossFit style, yoga. I usually burn 3500-5500 Cal’s a week. I also follow a strict 90/10 clean eating habit. I usually have a 500-800 calorie deficit Mon-Fri., without including workouts. If I did that some days my exercise would be greater than my consumption of calories.

With that being said....Saturday and Sunday all bets are off. I go nuts! Booze, food, sweets! You name it. (If it’s a three day weekend than I’ll do it for 3.) I feel like it is a refeed of sorts. I look forward to Sat and Sun like a child looks forward to waking up Christmas morning!

I don’t want to figure out how to change necessarily, I’d like to find others like me? If it feels so right, can it be wrong?

I’m 47, 125, 18%. I know I should think it’s wrong, but is it?

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    If you're getting expected results, it should be fine. Some people do weekly averages rather than daily goals so they can let loose a little more on the weekends.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Hello my sister from another mister. B) Actually, I used to be like that. Now I pretty much eat the same way every day and my split of clean/fun is closer to 60/40. I haven't logged in years.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    You do you. There’s no reason why you “should” think it’s wrong unless you and/or your doctor say there’s something wrong with it.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Are you sick or unhappy with the way you look or feel? If not, you're cool.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Whatever works...