Best gym clothes!!

Options

Replies

• Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I like under armour. For spin class, I like their twisted tech pants (not sure if they still make them). They aren't leggings so I feel more comfortable not having to be self conscious with wondering if my underwear is showing through and glowing in the black light. Also, they are light weight and moisture wicking.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    For leggings, lululemon and grrrl are the top. Got some pairs from Nike, under armour, etc but I always wind up pulling them up between sets.

Shorts are Nike pro all the way. Just the best fitting shorts for me all around.

Tops are a completely random mix of things.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I've got a lot of Old Navy, some random stuff from Costco, and a bit of UA. Plus a bunch of tech shirts from various races.

Just needs to fit properly and not chafe to make me happy...
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Violatethedresscode.com Make sure you have a promo code, though. They do them all the time.

jaulotdu9d5l.jpg

Whaaaaaaat is even happening here!? I need these so badly.

I love my under armor gear. Cropped Fly Bys are my jam. Hard wearing, cell pocket, make my bottom half look amazing, squat proof, etc etc.
  • carabev8
    carabev8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I honestly am obsessed with old navy activewear. I would’ve never thought to shop there until I tried on one of their work or leggings. It’s Affordable and better than everything else I own!!
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Old Navy. Right price. Right fit. A lot of options. My daughter swears by GymShark though.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thread will probably disappear given this site is owned by underarmor....

Shirts - generally cotton-spandex (3-5%) blends are a good balance of being breathable, flexible/stretchy, & have the ability to wick sweat. Lyrca/Modal is another favorite of mine (better for sleepwear really) - most breathable/coolest material but the huge con is lack of ability to handle sweat (it's paper thin). Long-line cuts for us tall lanky people is a must for the gym

Pants - nylon ("wind pants" material) - great for humid weather. Con is lack of color variety available due the the difficulty in dying the material and some do not like the "swoosh" sound (minimal with proper sizing). I absolutely can not stand pure polyester (heat/lack of airflow).

Socks - acrylic all the way for blister prevention & not having excessive dead skin build up (endurance sports).

Brands - Calvin Klein (modal stuff), Gym shark (tops - they have long line cuts), Adidas (epic-never goes out of style 3 stripe nylon wind pants)...ideally no logos or minimal logo stuff

It won't.

In general, I have been running Nike and UA for several years now (both shorts and compression/fitted shirts). Both are really nice. I love the designs of the UA ones; I have a bunch of the super hero series. But for daily wearing, I tend to favor the Nike fitted over compression.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    gstaubs1 wrote: »
    I love my Adidas a little pricey but I won't wear anything else.

fc11jjgbtcte.jpg

ek32eoj7uoqd.jpg

I LOVE my Adiadas Ultra Boost!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Thread will probably disappear given this site is owned by underarmor....

Shirts - generally cotton-spandex (3-5%) blends are a good balance of being breathable, flexible/stretchy, & have the ability to wick sweat. Lyrca/Modal is another favorite of mine (better for sleepwear really) - most breathable/coolest material but the huge con is lack of ability to handle sweat (it's paper thin). Long-line cuts for us tall lanky people is a must for the gym

Pants - nylon ("wind pants" material) - great for humid weather. Con is lack of color variety available due the the difficulty in dying the material and some do not like the "swoosh" sound (minimal with proper sizing). I absolutely can not stand pure polyester (heat/lack of airflow).

Socks - acrylic all the way for blister prevention & not having excessive dead skin build up (endurance sports).

Brands - Calvin Klein (modal stuff), Gym shark (tops - they have long line cuts), Adidas (epic-never goes out of style 3 stripe nylon wind pants)...ideally no logos or minimal logo stuff

It won't.

In general, I have been running Nike and UA for several years now (both shorts and compression/fitted shirts). Both are really nice. I love the designs of the UA ones; I have a bunch of the super hero series. But for daily wearing, I tend to favor the Nike fitted over compression.

I have a bunch of UA stuff and I really like it! I especially like it when I can get $40 off including outlet items AND get free shipping! I haven't had any issues with the bottoms being sheer or poor quality. My husband also has a tons of UA stuff and their shorts are the only things he'll work out in. #notsponsored
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Primark!

I tried some "branded" and well reviewed leggings from MyProtein (seamless, RRP £32) and the £8 Primark ones are thicker, more comfortable and no camel toe. Put me off splurging on Gymshark lol
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I really like Hylete shorts and their shirts are pretty good as well. Other than that, I wear a lot of under armour and oakley shirts and soffee shorts (mainly because I am tall and they come in longs). For spandex, I have actually found that Eastbay spandex are as good as the name brands and at a fraction of the price. I use Inov8 shoes because of the light weight and I like the slight heel drop.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm not serious enough to justify spending a small fortune on UA or lululemon or anything like that.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    carabev8 wrote: »
    I honestly am obsessed with old navy activewear. I would’ve never thought to shop there until I tried on one of their work or leggings. It’s Affordable and better than everything else I own!!

I like Old Navy too but ONLY their active wear. Their regular clothes suck (I've been burned a few times in the last year, I've learned my lesson)
  • baby_bokchoy
    baby_bokchoy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend Collective - their clothing is made from recycled water bottles and fishing nets, AND they're beautiful and come in many colors! But most importantly, they're stretchy, compressive but not too much, high waisted, not see-through at all, and they're a great price compared to other, bigger brands. Oh, and they come in a lot of different sizes.

20180312_GIRLFRIEND_COLLECTIVE-2394_1200x.jpg?v=1533827359

Paloma_Look-1_025-resized_41552f79-7d24-454d-9eca-9f3b88ba093d_1200x.jpg?v=1532988969
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Tops - Under Armour
    Shorts - Feed Me Fight Me and Beast Worx. I've owned several pairs of shorts that I've worn/washed numerous times and they seem to last forever!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I love old Navy... running shorts, tanks
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Born Primitive. Love all of their products! Super comfy, and great for working out
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Under Armour and I usually shop their outlet. Asics Gel Nimbus for my shoes, because I under pronate. Basically any kind of capris. Not a fan of leggings or long pants.....even in the winter, in Iowa.