Weight loss trainers, nutritionist help

Options
Hello! Ok here’s what o need help on I’m 5’7” 222lbs I try to walk at least 2 miles a day I don’t enjoy cooking but I will I love fruit and veggies I will cook chicken breast fish but I need a meal plan and a workout that I will continue I often do light weight because I need help with my arms staying consistent is a problem for me I must confess we have not trainers in my area😕 what do you all suggest

Replies

• tahilson
    tahilson Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Anybody lol that can help us appreciated😊
  • tahilson
    Options
    Easy meals are welcome I know my fellow members have some!
  • ErnestineBorgnine
    Options
    When I started I put together a list of healthy foods that I enjoy. From there I made a list of things I wanted at the store. That was week one. The next time I went to the store I pulled out that list again and decided on some new things and a few repeats. When I make meals I just make sure I eat a large portion of veggies, have a healthy fat, and some protein. I always have some kind of carb but often it’s just in the form of fruit. But there are lots whole foods & whole grains to choose from, too. My main go to for carbs is usually brown rice because that’s what I prefer. Play around with different foods, see what fills you up. Protein + fat is a good way to feel fuller longer.

I love Avocado toast + eggs for breakfast. Fills me up till lunch!

I’m pretty over salads at this point, but I’ve come to enjoy snacky kinda lunches - hard boiled eggs, various raw veggies, hummus, some pretzels, cottage cheese, an ounce of full fat cheese...I typically have a couple of protein foods - the eggs & cottage cheese, and then load up on veggies.
  • tahilson
    Options
    Thank you all for your much needed comments!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 didn't you start a thread with a personalized program? I think that might be useful for the OP.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,558 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @AnnPT77 didn't you start a thread with a personalized program? I think that might be useful for the OP.

Oh, thanks, kshama! :flowerforyou:

I'm not sure it will fit the bill for OP, if she's looking for something very prescriptive, but I will say that I think (1) pretty much anyone can do it, (2) it accommodates personal tastes and preferences, and (3) if followed, it will work. ;)

OP, it's here (and also linked in the Most Helpful Posts of the Getting Started forum area):

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm