Sports Injury

Options
I twisted my ankle on the treadmill last week. It's not terribly swollen, but it hurts bad. I've not been running on the treadmill, but I'm walking at a pretty slow pace outdoors instead. I've been icing it and propping it up and it's not getting any better. ANy suggestions that don't involve cutting out cardio all together??

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I twisted my ankle on the treadmill last week. It's not terribly swollen, but it hurts bad. I've not been running on the treadmill, but I'm walking at a pretty slow pace outdoors instead. I've been icing it and propping it up and it's not getting any better. ANy suggestions that don't involve cutting out cardio all together??
    It's obvious it needs rest. Forcing it to heal while you try to do cardio it counter productive. You'll end up being less efficient and it still won't heal. Bite the bullet and rest it.
  • SueV3
    SueV3 Posts: 4
    Options
    How about doing some upper body work with weights while you have your foot propped up? It would be a challenge, but that way you have something to show for your recuperation time.