gained a pound this weigh in, and reverted back to old ways/binging etc ugh

Options
Im so mad at myself!!!!
Its taken me about 3 mnths to lose 13 pounds
I stuck to 1400 clas a day and tried being active as much as possible/walks/running around w 2 teen agers etc
I didn't always lose as much as I wanted, sometimes as little as 1/2 pound in 2 weeks but the scale always showed a loss. I haven't weighed in almost 2 weeks and tracked every cal and this am weighed 1 pound more than my last weigh in..

I tried not to let it get to me...knowing I'm on the right track and doing well, and telling myself its normal to see weight fluctuations.
I thought my old days of binging were over, but by midday one unhealthy snack opened the floodgates to a mess of overeating/eating garbage...ugh
its frustrated knowing you are doing everything right and not loosing, but its worse to fall back into these old unhealthy toxic habits..*sigh*

kim

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    1. You ARE losing. 13 lb in 3 months is great!
    2. 2. What have you done differently the last 1-2 weeks? That's possibly your answer.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
    I appreciate the advice/support....going to get back on the saddle..slow and steady
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    That time of the month?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    one unhealthy snack - I think this is important. Are you dividing foods into good/bad, healthy/unhealthy, or maybe even clean/processed? That's one of the most common triggers for overeating. A healthy diet is balanced and varied, you can eat what you want. If you haven't learned to eat in a way you want that is also conductive to good health, your preferred way of eating is still your old lifestyle, and what you will revert to whenever you feel sad, let down, angry, well any emotion can trigger it.

Oh, and it isn't possible to determine the nature of a pound up/down on the scale. Your body weight fluctuates, and as you've lost weight, your weight loss rate slows down so much that it can drown in those fluctuations. So now you really have to practice patience! And to be able to do that, you need a lifestyle you like, not just a regimen that makes you lose weight if you stick to it.

What is an "unhealthy" snack. Listen to Norwegian Yoda here. Hey Yoda, when do I get my light saber? Lol
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I count cals..1400 a day so I can eat anything...but I've learned (as I don't want to be hungry) to make cals work and try to eat healthier/less processed foods as they keep you full longer etc
    It seems if i induldge in something really sweet (cake/pastry is my downfall) I go off the deep end
    I wish I could say I can eat everything and have everything in moderation, but for me, not possible right now.

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    Hi @kimber0607
    Glad to hear you are back in the saddle! It's inspiring to hear you are not letting this derail you!
    I agree with the people above that there are no "good foods" and "bad foods," but I do know for myself that cakes and pastries are challenging (hard for me to eat just one small serving). So I figure there is no shame in avoiding those most of the time, and enjoying something less intensely sweet and more satisfying (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries!).
    Keep up the great work!
  • VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    I count cals..1400 a day so I can eat anything...but I've learned (as I don't want to be hungry) to make cals work and try to eat healthier/less processed foods as they keep you full longer etc
    It seems if i induldge in something really sweet (cake/pastry is my downfall) I go off the deep end
    I wish I could say I can eat everything and have everything in moderation, but for me, not possible right now.

Hey. I generally have the same problem. I eat sweets high in sugar and it throws me off! My suggestion is a very very small portion of a really sweet treat-- smaller than portion size. The last two mornings I had 10 oz caffeinated iced coffees, watered down, for flavor. It's not my only treat but if I bought it it would be high in sugar.

Recently I've been savoring everything I eat. I track it beforehand so I don't go overboard, and take into account how a treat will affect my day before I've eaten it. Is it early in the day? Do I have too many opportunities coming up to keep bingeing on sweets or will I have a possibility of a more strict menu so I can have the sweet early? I think about that menu early on in the day or the day before. I'm going to have pizza later, and I'm likely going to have only 1 (large) slice, to keep under my cal goal.

Moderation sounds horrible, I know. Personally I'm still figuring it out and above is currently what's working for me. Give yourself time to figure that out. And a pat on the back for losing 13 lbs so far!! It sounds like bad progress but it's healthy progress. The slower you lose the healthier it can be.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    weight loss isnt linear so your weight going up a lb can be water retention,waste,that time of the month and so on. some weeks you will lose,some you wont and some weeks the scale may go up. one week wont make or break you. just keep going
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Would it be possible you are getting more toned and muscle mass?

no its very hard to gain muscle on a deficit,let alone a surplus for women, toned just means losing fat over existing muscle.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I've both "gained" a pound and "lost" a pound taking a shower. The scale is only good for trending, that's it. Down 13lbs is a trend, you ARE losing. Don't let the scale get in your head, keep doing what works for you...as long as it's healthy and doesn't put you at risk, then you will be fine over the long run.
  • stealinghoney
    stealinghoney Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know how that feels, I am in the same boat over here. I try to focus on all the times I did make good choices that put me in a better position now. Just because you slipped once, or twice, (or more!) doesn't mean you can't keep trying.
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You’re doing great! Remember— progress, not perfection!