How much do you actually weigh?

Options
2»

Replies

• amsuraj
    amsuraj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Seems everyone who responded enters actual weight. Thats good to hear.

To be clear, what I am entering is about 1-2 pounds higher than my actual weight. If my weight actually increases, which has happened (sadly) and I do enter those.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I general don't weigh myself until two months out from a meet so I can cut down to around 10lbs over my weight class.

I usually don't log food either other than to check protien consumption if I've been obviously short changing it. Never had a problem with overeating and there isn't a need to track otherwise.

The people I train that are cutting weight only log actual weight once a week after their initial 3 day weigh in/food log. Eventually I have them stop logging for periods of time after they have been steady for a while.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    amsuraj wrote: »
    Seems everyone who responded enters actual weight. Thats good to hear.

To be clear, what I am entering is about 1-2 pounds higher than my actual weight. If my weight actually increases, which has happened (sadly) and I do enter those.

So whats thd point in using a faux weight instead of your actual weight...?
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My actual weight? I'm not sure. I don't have a balance with calibrated weights.

I just use the same scale at about 150' above sea level for every with in and it records via wifi
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, first thing. There can be a significant deviation, but I can spot a trend in a few days.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I barely ever log my weight in here anymore. I do log almost daily on happy scale, and always what the scale actually says.

I know my scale weighs about .5kg off from a calibrated competition scale. I just keep that in mind when I’m getting close to a competition and need to make sure I make weight.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I barely ever log my weight in here anymore. I do log almost daily on happy scale, and always what the scale actually says.

I love the happy scale app. I use it daily and its a good way to identify the trends. I update my weight on MFP sporadically.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    amsuraj wrote: »
    So, do you login actually weight on MFP or do you enter something different? I have been logging slightly higher than what I see on the scale, because I don’t want that bump up on my weight loss graph. Just curious.

I put in exactly what I weigh about once a week. This way I minimize the odd bounces up and down. If it goes up, it goes up. As I'm in a slight, but consistent calorie deficit I know that my overall trend will still be weight loss.
  • squeaker87
    squeaker87 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I only log my weight if it’s lower than or significantly higher than my previous weight. Like 2 lb fluctuations (on the higher end) I don’t log. But I don’t have like hardcore cutting goals or anything like that and I don’t feel like small gains on the scale really matter too much in my day-to-day, as long as I know I’m generally on the downward swing. I hope that makes sense.
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I log what the scale says every day. If the number is just a blip, it won't matter much over time. If it's anything more, I can spot trends more easily. Also, keeps me from obsessing over it.
  • MelmothWanders
    MelmothWanders Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I track in a spreadsheet every time I weigh, update MFP when I am down. I tend to fluctuate quite a bit in water weight, especially around sodium, so I tend to start each week a bit high after a break meal or special occasions and I don't log those "gains".
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It's like people who set their clocks 15 min fast believing it will help them be on time.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Just recently changed how I record here. I set the weight at the middle of my maintenance range and as long as I don't see more than a couple of weights out of my range (ignoring spikes) I won't bother changing it.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I weighed myself around 0100 before my*weigh in day tomorrow and it said I was at 291, each time I checked. Used the pallet scale at work today and it said I was 296. Which I highly doubt becauze that scale was off the other day as well.

Is the work scale calibrated and certified? Governments (U.S) usually require commercial scales to be regulated for accuracy. There might be a visible sticker from the department of weights and measures on the scale.