What OATMEAL brand do you use?

Options
what is the best oatmeal brand to use? where & where can I buy? I've received some feedback about "Quaker Oats" being high in sugar.. etc?

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,004 Member
    Options
    better oats fit oats 100 cals. it has flaxseed in it is really good and healthier then quaker. I buy it at raleys
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i like the trader joe's heart healthy blueberry.....high fiber and decent protein....i definitely dont like the ralph's lower sugar, it takes weird and bad
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,599 Member
    Options
    I use the "Weight Control" Quaker Oats. Cinnamon and Apples is my fav.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about that. Is Oatmeal the same as rolled oats? As I just buy natural rolled oats. I don't cook them they are quite sweet on their own with a bit of protein powder and water added.
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    Ok so this is one of the few items I don't buy from Trader Joes...Quaker Oat instant. The kind in round tubs with one ingredient listed 'rolled oats'. Of course no sugar. But then I sprinkle in cinnamon and top it with walnuts. Great alternative.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    Quaker Instant Oatmeal Lower Sugar (Variety: Maple & Brown Sugar, Cinnamon & Spice, Apples & Cinnamon).
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    I've recently discovered Quaker Multi-Grain cereal.....its DELISH and has oats, barley, rye, etc..instead of just oats..:) 130 cals per 1/2 cup uncooked. :D
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I buy steel-cut oats (I don't care about the brand) and put them in my rice cooker at night, setting the time to be done in the morning. Then I add milk and some blueberries, and a teaspoon of brown sugar if I want it. Takes almost no time, very minimally processed, and no odd ingredients like you'll find in most instant packets.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I buy a variety of Old Wessex hot cereals, Bob's Red Mill also makes them. It really does not take that much extra time to make the non instant stuff. and I have cooked it, put it in a tupperware and brought it to my office. It travels okay and stays pretty hot for about 30 minutes.

I usually add flaxseed meal, cinnamon and mashed bananas to my oatmeal. Mashing the banana bulks it up nicely.