Protein Pancake Recipe Recommendations

I've looked for a protein pancake recipe all over the Internet and I'm overwhelmed by the sheer number of ingredients some of them required.

Does anyone have a recipe they like, that doesn't require more than 5 or 6 ingredients?

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    50g oats (blizted into flour)
    25g protein powder
    1egg (duck or hen)
    100ml milk

Makes 4: 2 of them with a good dollop of greek yoghurt and raspberries is about 30g protein. But if I’ve got a long workout I have been known to eat all four... 🤣
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    I use Carbquick (Amazon). It’s like Bisquick but low carb, high fiber, high protein. You can add additional protein powder to the batter if you want. It’s just Carbquick, egg, and enough water to make pancake batter consistency. It tastes like regular pancakes.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,893 Member
    edited September 2018
    This waffle recipe could be used to make pancakes. (Suggestion is to make the pancakes small.)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10603677/low-calorie-waffles-recipe#latest

13 g protein to 110 calories seems decent to me for pancakes.
  • dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    This waffle recipe could be used to make pancakes. (Suggestion is to make the pancakes small.)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10603677/low-calorie-waffles-recipe#latest

13 g protein to 110 calories seems decent to me for pancakes.

This looks great. Thanks!

• dolcezza25
    25g protein powder
    1egg (duck or hen)
    100ml milk

Makes 4: 2 of them with a good dollop of greek yoghurt and raspberries is about 30g protein. But if I’ve got a long workout I have been known to eat all four... 🤣

Yogurt and raspberries.. I have to try that! I usually use nut butter.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    It's not a recipe but we use Kodiak Cakes brand. They're higher in protein, and in addition to batter, they have microwavable cups and frozen waffles. They are delish.
  • dolcezza25
    Thanks @htimpaired and @IGbnat24 but I'm specifically looking to make them from scratch.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2018
    htimpaired wrote: »
    It's not a recipe but we use Kodiak Cakes brand. They're higher in protein, and in addition to batter, they have microwavable cups and frozen waffles. They are delish.

Same here: In fact, below is my method

105g of mix
    5.25oz of milk
    1 large egg, separate the yolk and whites; beat the whites with an electric mixer until they begin to fluff.

Add Kodiak mix, milk and yolk together until everything is mixed.
    Add fluffed egg white and mix

Cook for 2 minutes a side.

Should make 6 pancakes.

ETA: some other good options can be found: https://theproteinchef.co/category/healthy-recipes/protein-pancake-recipes/
  • claireychn074
    dolcezza25 wrote: »
    25g protein powder
    1egg (duck or hen)
    100ml milk

It’s my fav breakfast. Feels like a treat but it’s low fat, good amount of slow release carbs, high protein and low sugar. And frankly yummy!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    I mix 40g of regular pancake mix with 40g of protein powder - simple and quick (makes one large waffle in my waffle maker). Tastes better (to me) than kodiak due to the protein powder flavor and cheaper!

(I use either water, egg whites or milk to mix with it - depending on what I have or feel like at the time)
  • dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 wrote: »
    25g protein powder
    1egg (duck or hen)
    100ml milk

It’s my fav breakfast. Feels like a treat but it’s low fat, good amount of slow release carbs, high protein and low sugar. And frankly yummy!

I finally tried this - and the only change I made was using 46g Orgain peanut butter protein powder. I even served them with greek yogurt and raspberries and they're perfect for satisfying a pancake craving! Thanks, again.

• claireychn074
    Awesome! Glad you like them. I sometimes make them in advance with lemon and raisins and toast them at work. They’re really good snacks then too 😀
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I mix 40g of regular pancake mix with 40g of protein powder - simple and quick (makes one large waffle in my waffle maker). Tastes better (to me) than kodiak due to the protein powder flavor and cheaper!

(I use either water, egg whites or milk to mix with it - depending on what I have or feel like at the time)

Me, too. With almond milk to mix it up until the consistency looks right.