When am I suppose to take these ridiculous horse size pills!

Options
chynn
chynn Posts: 27 Member
so...i finally find a multi vitamin that is suppose to be the best for me. but when am i suppose to take it?

recently ive been taking my multi vitamin at night before i go to bed (i have no idea why im doing, this nobody told me to) i know that timing has a lot to do with effects when it comes to eating and some dietary supplements. but no one ever says anything about timing when it comes to taking vitamins....

what is the best time to take a multi vitamin....or does it even matter, just as long as you take it?

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i take mine every morning
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have the Solgar ones, and I have to take them three times a day with meals. Of course that doesn't happen, so I usually used to take them in the morning when I got out the shower. And then that made me really nauseous! I guess the vitamins hitting an empty stomach is a bit ick. So now I take them, when I remember, with breakfast.

Guy in the shop told me to take them in the morning, not at night as then they are readily available for uptake, but I am not sure if that's just baloney, or for real.
  • Melissajojo3
    Options
    take it every morning with your breakfast, the vitamin is best to be taken at morning so that you have energy for the day, not while your sleeping.. Hope this helps :)
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You should take them in the morning, they help give you energy...something you don't want when trying to sleep. :)
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My dr always tell me to take them before bed with a glass of orange juice to hhelp absorb the iron faster so it doesnt make me sick
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I take mine with breakfast in the morning.
  • ckrella
    ckrella Posts: 14
    Options
    Morning is definitely best. Just be sure to eat with them. It's not uncommon to feel naseauted if you take them without food in your belly.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I was told to take mine before bed so it absorbs in your system. I heard if you take them in the AM your body will just digest it.
  • greatdaneaddict
    greatdaneaddict Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just make sure that you don't take them with any other medications if you're on any. For example, I have thyroid disease and can't take any supplements containing calcium within 5 hours of my thyroid meds.
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It depends on if you are taking any other medications. I take thyroid meds which can't be taken with other things like "iron" and "calcium". So I take that in the morning. Then, I take a multi later in the day or at night. It also depends on if your stomach is upset by the pill. Some take the multi-vitamin at night because of stomach upset. Other then that, I don't think it matters.
  • chynn
    Options
    wow!!
    thanx for all the great info!

ive tried taking them in the mornings before. i dont think i felt more or less energetic. when i take them at night, it doesnt interfere with my sleep at all. its so hard to tell whats simply preference and whats fact. i guess thats where trial and error come into play, huh? lol

i appreciate ALL the input... :smile:
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I was told to take mine before bed so it absorbs in your system. I heard if you take them in the AM your body will just digest it.

Isn't that what digestion is? "Absorbing" the nutrients from the food you eat?
  • chynn
    Options

Isn't that what digestion is? "Absorbing" the nutrients from the food you eat?

hmmmm....good point...
    IS there a difference between your body absorbing nutrients and your body digesting nutrients???
    i can see how there could be.