Starting Keto

I’ve tried everything. I go back and forth on apps. I’ve tried watching what I eat and working out, calorie deficit with measuring and packaged details and nothing. I stay stuck. So a friend told me to try low carbs. Did some research and found Keto. So far I’m on day 4 and it shows I have ketones already. I know beginning is water weight. And that it teaches your body to take fuel from fat and your own body fat. What could go wrong. I normally eat a high carb diet even sticking to my calories and I crave sweets. So maybe the opposite will be benefit along with health benefits.

Anyone have suggestions?

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Did you do the pee test to find out your ketosis?
  • angierex13
    angierex13 Posts: 6 Member
    Yes, I did. It’s a darker pink now.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    If you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose eventually.

Try taking some before pictures and measurements. It's possible that will change before the scale moves.

If you've been at it a month or two with no change at all, you most likely need to eat less. Sometimes weighing out food and logging everything can help. That's were low carb helps the most often - sweet cravings and appetite tends to drop in the first few weeks.

Good luck.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    "And that it teaches your body to take fuel from fat and your own body fat."

Not really, all you need to burn body fat is a calorie deficit, you don't have to teach you body how to do that - it's normal whatever dietary choice you make.
    The higher rates of fat burning are because your dietary fat intake will be higher.

Give it a proper trial to see if it helps or hinders your adherence to your long term calorie goal. It works for some and would be hateful for others. Adherence is very personal but in the end it comes down to calories and determination.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Take before pictures and take your measurements about every month or every couple of weeks. Do NOT trust the number on the scale!
    And most of all, don't give up.
    I'm on month 4 of keto and it's been life changing. I've only lost about 23lbs so I'm definitely considered a slow/normal loser on it, but it's working for me. On the rare occasions now when I'm craving something bad.. I remind myself... do I want to eat whatever junk and then feel guilt and regret? Or do I want to keep eating healthy and get to my goal? Tired of being fat, tired of being unhealthy. Junk food isn't going anywhere so it can wait.

You got this!