DAY ONE (again) - about 160 lbs to lose and need some active MFP friends to keep me motivated!

Options
Hi all,

30's female needing a kick in the butt!

I have used MFP on and off for years, but can't seem to stick with the calorie counting. With that being said, it's the only thing that's ever helped me lose!

I'm on a restart and could use some active, committed friends. Any takers?

We don't have to be on the same journey, just share some laughs and maybe a few tears together <3

Add me please B)

Replies

• Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back - I am on the same journey with a similar past. I recently joined the MFP group 350+ pounds. They are a great bunch and really helpful with motivation and encouragement. Don't know if it would be a good fit for you, but you might want to check it out.

I, personally, spent months just tracking. Not trying to change anything, but just tracking. Now, I am trying this week to significantly increase my water intake (weight divided in half = number of ounces of water as my goal)... and I am trying to stay within my calorie goal at least 5 days of a week. So, this is my first week doing it and I am pretty good so far. One day I didn't make my water goal by about 5 ounces... but it was already past midnight... so I just have to move forward. It is easier with water flavoring, but I only allow myself one container of flavored water a day... the other two have to be plain water.

Hope to see you around on my feed. :smiley:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on a restart as well, having joined in 2012, lost 50 pounds but gained back 20. I am here every day....or plan to be barring some unavoidable, universal disaster. :D

I mention my daughter a lot, who lost 100 pounds in a year. It may sound like an eternity but patience really is the key. I just want to get the weight off I gained and then another 10 pounds after that. I will be happy to offer support and encouragement! Will send a request.

• ldmic
    ldmic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is my Day One again also. We can take this journey together!
  • plewsader
    plewsader Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I am looking to lose about 120 pounds myself over the next several years as I try to get back in shape so that I can go back to the military. We all need encouragement from time to time. Just take it one day at a time. If you stumble, get back up and move forward. I would add you, but I am newbie here at MFP, so you will need to add me :P
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @RunaMarti - I am so looking forward to your experience in this! Thanks for being a new friend!

@Crochetluvr - Patience is definitely good advice! I have struggled with my weight all my life. My lightest adult weight was 250's and then life happened and I fell back into old bad habits! I'm looking to ditch those for good and keep my self-worth up this round. Nice to have you on the journey!

@plewsader - I will add you! But if you want to know how, all you have to do is click on the person's nick name (it's a link to their profile) and there will be the add button in all it's glory =) Welcome on board and I am looking forward to our friendship!
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @EmotionalEater84 Looking forward to the journey as well. My lowest adult weight got down to 180 while in Russia for two years. The first time I was overseas, I went from about 280 to 260 and then headed back and I was about 240... let me tell you flying over the ocean is SO much more comfortable at a smaller size!!

@plewsader My favorite WW coach was a guy who’d been around WW for EVER!!! He knew all the original big wigs and did a ton of stuff. He lost his position as a drill sergeant in the Marines because of becoming severely overweight... then after getting down to a great form and size, life happened. So he ended up heavier than before and had to lose the 100 plus pounds all over again. He also was a bluegrass performer and would bring in the guitar now and then... he’d re-write popular country songs and make the words WW/ food related!! It was awesome 😎 SO worth being across the city at 6:30 AM on Saturday. I know you can get back down with good discipline and support!!!
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2...again. I have about 100lbs to lose. I know that if I stick to this, I can do it. I've done it before. Feel free to add me!
  • tedyber40
    tedyber40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HELLO I started weight loss last October I went through gastric bypass and I am down 132 pounds.I weighed 328 starting having someone to help is part of staying on track my husband was my rock. And using this to guide me helped.
  • Sapphire1812
    Sapphire1812 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I restarted a couple of weeks ago and am looking to lose about 100lbs too. Although I'm not even thinking about that figure at the moment... just trying to keep motivated by focusing on the lbs lost. I have set myself 10lb goals to begin with, so it seems less daunting! But I know that slowly they will all add up! I'd love to have some more active buddies for some support. So so if anyone wants to add me then by all means do. :smile: