HIIT before breakfast???

Options
Hi any suggestions to do HIIT? It could be counterproductive do it first time after wake up and before get breakfast? I read blogs where they suggest do HIIT only after weights workout but nothing about first time in the morning and then weights late afternoon.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Counterproductive in what way?
    I would find it horrible to do a workout before eating breakfast but some people do.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I workout before breakfast (running). I much prefer it to afternoons or evening. Actually I don't eat before 12pm usually.

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I hate working out on a full stomach, it makes me feel greasy and sluggish. At most I'll eat an apple or a carrot or a hard boiled egg on the drive to the gym before lifting and HIIT. If I'll be lifting like a beast and I know I need more fuel, I might do a slice of toast with peanut butter, but that's it. I've had no negative side effects from it.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I typically always worked out early morning 4:30/5 am. Never ate until at least 7 am. The last couple of months I have been doing 5 pm workouts and its tough at the end of the day even though I am fueled
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    It literally doesn't matter when you work out, all that matters is that it works for you. If you like working out in the morning that's fine, or maybe in the afternoon, also fine or the evening, again that's fine.

Working out with food in your stomach or fasted it also personal preference and will make zero difference to fat loss.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    "Hi any suggestions to do HIIT?"
    Without knowing anything about you or why you want to do HIIT that's not possible to answer. It could be completely inappropriate or the best choice for you and your particular goals.

There is a whole load of twaddle spoken about HIIT - even though most workouts currently marketed as HIIT actually aren't!

HIIT is a perfectly valid and useful exercise mode but one that is inappropriate for many and should be used sparingly by the rest. The downside of true HIIT is that it is very fatiguing and like a serious weights workout needs recovery time. Hence probably the advice to do HIIT after a weights workout.

In general exercise fed or fasted is down to personal preference and scheduling (there are some niche exceptions). The "results" aren't going to be significantly different to force yourself to do something that doesn't suit you personally.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I would prefer to do it before breakfast because HIIT can make you want to hurl if you have anything in your stomach.