Mom's in 30's and 40's trying to lose weight!

Options
2»

Replies

• thina_tina
    thina_tina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm looking for more friends with great motivation tips. I'm 42 mother of 5. Trying to kick type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.

I'm a mom of 7! Youngest is 2. Plus I am 44. I have always been petite. Nursing helped me lose every baby weight within 7 months.
    But, this time after my 6th csection and really no helpful spouse...and the baby was in the NICU for a month.. Meaning I left the hospital on day 2 after surgery so I could take care of my other kids during the day and drive across town to the hospital to nurse and be with my baby. I know I didn't heal right. Going up and down stairs, laundry and housework/kids ect...I am just not as young as I was and I discovered I am not invincible. I wouldn't stop researching till I figured out that I have diastasis recti. Which is the separation of your abdominal center. My core is shot. Plus I broke my big toe while pregnant and plantar fasciitis! Which is still killing me. I felt hollow. Like my diaphragm was all loose . It was just weird. Although it was really bad and took forever to diagnose my problem, I have healed it by 2 finger widths. When the baby was 7mos. I had really bad bronchitis which made the separation worse and I didn't even know it.
    Anyways. I am tired of doing this alone and getting no where. I just want to be healthy and live long for all these brats. I have trouble just eating enough. I am super picky and my metabolism has got to be -0. I don't eat red meat or dairy. I eat basically the same thing every day. It is just a chore for me and I know people may think I have issues or oh poor you. But seriously, I am the heaviest I have ever been and I am on the move nonstop, but like I said I will maybe eat some egg whites in the am. If I am lucky, I do actually enjoy subway...and eat a oven roasted chkn,spinach,flatbread with tomatoes dry w/jalepenos.
    I did body for life a long time ago, but the 6 meals a day just was too much.
    I know I have to eat to lose and what worked before 40 and 7 kids is not gonna cut it...I just want to be me again. Being secluded as a stay at home Momma stuck in an unhealthy cycle will eventually lead to illness and I really could use some accountability. So if any grown up can help me with that, I would love to correspond and participate with ya'll.
    Thanks for listening. Really, that took a lot outta me. But relieved to actually admit my struggles to whoever's listening.

P.S. I ate an egg white english muffin early this am, so I am off to a good start.
    I am worried that I just will forget to keep it up through out the day because I am still full.
    (I sound like a freak!)Again. To the Momma of 5, I hear ya and you are not alone! Many hugs. Have a great day.
    *t
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    37, mom of 2 and in need of all the inspiration I can find. lol Everyone can add me also!!

Also look for the group 25% off. It's newly formed, I think it's locked, but you can send a message to the administrator and request to be a member.
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Add me, mum of 3, 30-40lbs to lose!
  • melissa2013m
    melissa2013m Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :smiley: I'm 30 soon to be 31 with a 6yr old & 8yr old. I have about 80-100lbs to lose
  • mlyergo
    mlyergo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m a 38 yr old mommy of 2. My son is 3 and my daughter is 2. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2007 and lost nearly 200 lbs. I met my husband in 2009 and the weight has been coming back on over the past 9 years. Pre-surgery I was 365lbs. At my thinnest post-surgery I weighed 175lbs. A couple weeks ago I got on the scale at the Drs and I was 313lbs. Something set off in my brain and I was like “nope...not again”. Since then I began exercising daily and just watching my calories.. and I’m down to 298! Not bad for 2 weeks! Luckily I have a very supportive husband that is helping me and encouraging me. I want to be as close to 200 lbs as possible by Jan 1st. Then my goal after that is 165. My wonderful husband said I can have my excess skin removed when I reach my goal weight!! That is a huge motivation! I would be more than happy to connect and lend support and encouragement to anyone that needs it! Feel free to add me!
  • Blue_eyes_jojo
    Blue_eyes_jojo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m 43 married have two teenage girls,would love some girlie support instead of the usual creeps on here,inturn I will be supportive as is can x
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me! I'm 30, mom of 2 kids. I'd like to lose at least 35 pounds.
  • BabeMeister83
    BabeMeister83 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 34, mom of two. I've lost 58.8 pounds so far and looking to lose about 80 more. 🏃‍♀️💪
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Add me. 40- mum of three. Started back seriously on journey late last year and finally losing after being obese for over 7 years after birth of my second child. Having my third last year months before I turned 40 has really motivated me and I'm really into this for life now.
  • beccacoopermfp
    beccacoopermfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I am looking for an accountability buddy so we can keep each other motivated and on track, so feel free to message/add me 🙂

I am a mom to a 3 year old. Currently 5'10" and 175lbs. I started my journey fall of last year after starting to recover from PPD. I weighed in at 206lbs( 30 lbs down!).

Looking forward to hearing from you!
  • beasont
    beasont Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a mom as well. I have about 80lbs to loose and I have 3 kids. I want to loose the weight in the next 8 months
  • beasont
    beasont Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me
  • Lula1068
    Lula1068 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ....42 , mom of 3, working on loosing 39lbs, eat mostly keto/Paleo, and always post my food diary :)