Why am I NOT losing weight?!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    stop focusing on the weight and try measuring...you may be loosing inches or your body may be changing shapes. I just finished the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels and I only lost 10lbs, but from my pics on my profile, it looks like more. I still have a long way to go, but my shape is changing and so when I don't see the scale move, I'm seeing my measurements changing. I am also a fan of before and after pics cause you don't always see the changes happening.

totally agree....start measuring. that's what i have been doing so far. i couldn't tell you how many pounds i have lost, but i can tell you inches :)
  • brittanylynne1209
    Options
    I have lost a combined 12 inches in a month.. But I seriously don't see any difference. Obviously it's Improvement, but I don't feel better about myself.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    In the morning while I'm getting ready for work before I wake my kids up I have 8-12oz of Grapefruit juice. I HATE it but I chug it and it's not to bad. Or I take my vitamins with it. It's very low in calories but still gives you extra calories, it helps you feel full longer AND it speeds up your metabolism by a lot! I drink it everyday. AND you have to eat within 45 minutes of waking up. SOMETHING! Hard boil eggs for the week and they'll be ready for the mornings. Have one of those and your juice within 45 minutes of getting up and that should help. If you don't eat within 45 minutes of waking up or after exercising, your body starts losing muslce instead of fat because of your metabolism. So speed it up! I promise it helps! And to your salads for lunch, mine consist of grilled chicken, spring mix lettuce (That is the ONLY good kind to eat! No other kind of lettuce! It has vitamins!), shredded carrots, cucumber, feta cheese, sunflower seeds(not all the time!) and regular ranch dressing! It gives me that extra calories! Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Do 2 adays at the gym monday thru thursday and then lay around all weekend ....... bet on monday youll have a loss
  • roxyjo1
    roxyjo1 Posts: 29
    Options
    Same boat here. I'm trying to lose 7-10 pounds for my wedding Oct. 8th. I have only lost 1 so far. I'm sticking with it, though. I wish I had taken my measurements when I started because I do think I look leaner. I took them today, so I check that every couple weeks.
  • jrk412
    jrk412 Posts: 13
    Options
    This morning my weight moved for the first time in 2 weeks. Ugh! I hate being stuck like that. It might have to do with your TOM. I noticed that when I started eating better, my body sort of freaked out for a cycle, then got back to normal.

Change up your food, even if you stay at the same # of calories. Broccoli is magic for weight loss (I think). Maybe try a different cardio workout just to surprise your body?

Mostly, just don't quit!!
  • dandreparmley
    Options
    A lot of times when you weigh yourself, you won't see the weight loss because you are also building muscle. So the weight may not drop right away but the inches will. I brought a scale that weighs weight, body fat and water hydration and its very helpful. My weight not dropping but my body fat is.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    A lot of times when you weigh yourself, you won't see the weight loss because you are also building muscle. So the weight may not drop right away but the inches will. I brought a scale that weighs weight, body fat and water hydration and its very helpful. My weight not dropping but my body fat is.
    Unfortunately to build muscle you need to be in calorie surplus and not calorie deficit. Everyone is talking food. Let's talk exercise. How many days to you exercise? What do you do? What strength training exercises do you incorporate? Do you lift heavy? How much cardio do you do?
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have lost a combined 12 inches in a month.. But I seriously don't see any difference. Obviously it's Improvement, but I don't feel better about myself.

You've lost 12 inches in a month and you're not happy!?!?!?! Girl. You need to re-evaluate your idea of success because that is a HUGE loss! If you don't feel better about yourself after losing 12 inches in a month (which is a LOT), maybe weight loss isn't the problem. And I'm not saying that to be snarky!
  • caretheaton
    caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coffee, too and have it every morning. Somedays, it's the only thing that can get me out of the house and pounding the pavement for a run. Try changing up your morning coffee routine. I know a lot people who had trouble losing weight and discovered that the problem isn't their food, it's their beverage choices that are adding in a ton or fat, calories, and sugar. Instead of plain coffee with splenda and flavored creamer, try a flavored coffee and a splash of skim milk. It might take a couple of days to get use to the change, but trust me it's still good. And it will help eliminate A LOT of empty calories, sugar, chemicals, and unhealthy fats that are doing your body no good whatsoever.

My favorite is Dunkin Donut's Hazelnut. It's the only coffee I can drink black. It's kinda expensive though, but it goes on sale often and their is usually a coupon in the paper that'll get you an extra $1.50 off. Eight 'O Clock coffee is a cheaper brand, but their French Vanilla great!
  • Laquaya
    Laquaya Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am in the same rut..two weeks of almost giving up. Lets be friends
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It's the dreaded plateau..... and I have been there a couple of times. How did I get past it? PERSISTANCE... all of the things you are now experimenting with will catch up in a loss. Just don't give up the fight. You are NOT destined to 'be big', but your body is feeling very content and healthy.... fit, even, at this weight. It wants to stay here and save the 'reserves' should famine come.... but you keep on and keep on.... and you will overcome it! It's completely normal and very temporary.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I just came off of two weeks of the same thing. I started eating a little more. I am already down almost three more pounds this week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!