Hunger Pangs

Options
Any soulutiln to those severe Hunger Pangs. Do I grab that extra piece of Veggie or Fruit????? πŸπŸπŸŠπŸ…πŸ₯’πŸ₯•

Replies

• FrostysHouse
    FrostysHouse Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Things I do:
    Seek a distraction.
    Take a little walk.
    Drink a glass of water.
    Have a mint or a piece of gum.
    If those don't work, and it's still not lunchtime, I generally bring a snack of cut veggies and yogurt dip to work, so I have that. (The veggies satisfy my need for something crunchy.)
    If all else fails, eat lunch early and accept that the afternoon will be long and snackless.
  • nancyvazquez7796
    nancyvazquez7796 Posts: 48 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thank you for the tips. I asked this because I do have remaining calories everyday for 8 of the 9 days since I started. My Caloric intake is 1,200.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Eat something. Or drink a giant glass of water.
    I log everything in the morning so I know exactly what I'm eating and how much wiggle room I have throughout the day. Hunger pangs go away!
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Also it is important to make your calories count! It might take a while to figure out. For me, I can eat 3 bowls of cereal or pasta or a giant muffin and be hungry again. I try to pack in the protein and fiber for my breakfast(es) and lunch, then afternoon snack and dinner tend to be lighter meals.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    You may want to bump up from 1200 calories to say 1400. My n=1 is that I'm a cranky *kitten* on 1200 but generally ok with 1400.

And yes, eat all your calories! Fruits and vegetables are great, but once you've got that and you protein needs covered, a cookie or two is fine.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tips. I asked this because I do have remaining calories everyday for 8 of the 9 days since I started. My Caloric intake is 1,200.

Why not eat more then?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,981 Member
    Options
    Raw unsalted nuts (small amt) with radishes, celery carrots and or cherry tomatoes and gobs of water

Or as above poster cheese & 🍎
  • nancyvazquez7796
    nancyvazquez7796 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for response. Maybe I should rethink my goal. I might have bitten off a little more with the expected amount I want to lose. Maybe log in 30 instead of 40. Will rethink and eat the necessary. Thank you for support.
  • Inspiration15
    Inspiration15 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for response. Maybe I should rethink my goal. I might have bitten off a little more with the expected amount I want to lose. Maybe log in 30 instead of 40. Will rethink and eat the necessary. Thank you for support.

I am trying to lose 15 pounds. I eat between 1200 and 1350 a day. That way if I am hungry I don’t fret. I have lost 2 pounds in 40 days. I am doing this super slow. Trying to be patient. I wish it was faster.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

It's not so much the amount you want to lose, as how you want to lose it. Aiming for one pound a week loss might be easier than two, and you will have more calories to eat, which should stop severe hunger pangs. You're not supposed to have severe hunger pangs, and if you do, it probably means your body needs some food. Normal hunger pangs shouldn't be severe or painful, and you shouldn't go so long between meals if they are. Sounds like it's time to re-examine your weight loss rate and learn to manage your expectations. If trying to lose too fast is proving detrimental, lose slower. It will take longer, but that will teach you patience and hopefully more helpful eating habits.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options

Not really surprising you're hungry eating less than 1200 cals - eat to your calorie goal!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

there is nothing wrong with the amount you want to lose, just eat all of the calories that are available to you...