Does anyone know what to track Zumba under??

Options
I'm trying to figure out what to track a Zumba class under. Any suggestions?

Replies

• shutterbec
    Options
    I track it under Hi-impact aerobics.
  • dcbella
    dcbella Posts: 45
    Options
    I used my calorie watch for one hour burned 870 calories
  • Bethann060
    Options
    I am using the dancing/aerobic, which is 322 calories burned for 60 minutes. But, I am sure that is underestimated. I think zumba is actually 500 calories or so for 1 hour.
  • dcbella
    dcbella Posts: 45
    Options
    Cardio...
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I used to track it under aerobics until I got a HRM. Now I have it listed in my database. But you can also go to http://www.zumbacalories.com/ and enter your info and add it to your database...Hope this helps!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I track it as aerobic, general. But I know some ppl put it under either aerobic high or low impact, I guess it all depends on how much you exert yourself.

Hope this helps and good luck! :)
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I used to track it under aerobics until I got a HRM. Now I have it listed in my database. But you can also go to http://www.zumbacalories.com/ and enter your info and add it to your database...Hope this helps!

This says I burn a lot more than MFP does! Thats surprising! Thanks for the link! :)
  • Bethann060
    Options
    I just looked at the high impact aerobics category. 470 calories for 1 hour. That sounds more like it. I am changing mine now. Thanks for bringing that up!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I checked that website for Zumba calories and compared to my HRM I wore Monday night during class, it's pretty spot on. (about 750 calories for an hour class)
  • mviegas1
    mviegas1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I created a new item for that too and track the calories based on my HRM. Monday I burned 621 calories in 55 minutes of zumba.