Looking for friends: Low Carb/Keto

Options
13»

Replies

• beautifulchaos135
    Options
    I’m looking for some friends to connect with who are on a low carb/keto way of eating. People who are pretty regular at logging in , may talk recipes or whatever works for us and such. Just need s bit of support.

Also a bonus if you have more than 100# to lose like me.
    I have 100+ lbs to lose, and have been enjoying the Keto lifestyle for just over two weeks. I’m the only one in my house doing this, so also looking for support/motivation. I don’t log on here but could upload screenshots. I log on carb manager.

• mkm81
    mkm81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well! I just started Keto this week and am on day 3. My husband and I are doing it together and I need to lose about 75lbs to get into the normal weight range. My son is 3 and my daughter is almost a year, so time to get the baby weight off!
  • FireVixen_Fayth
    FireVixen_Fayth Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a keto vegetarian if that helps
  • Aviatrix406
    Aviatrix406 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did keto for two months and loved it. You really have to switch your way of thinking to fully embrace it. Growing up most, if not all of us, thought fat made us fat. Imagine my joy when I found out I could put cream cheese and heavy whipping cream in everything 😋 I lost 10lbs within a week.. mostly the water the carbs I ate held onto. A couple points of advice: Meal prep is a must. You'd be shocked by how much sugar is added into things you don't even consider sweet. Pinterest is your best friend. I have a recipe for chocolate cherry coconut fat bombs that taste stellar when I'm craving sweets! Make a few batches, throw them in a couple to-go snack bags, and store them in the freezer. Whenever I feel like I'm getting a slow metabolism, matcha green tea has always worked well for me. Make sure it's quality green tea, like the big box you can get at Costco. Make sure you're getting enough vitamins and minerals. If not, you'll feel sluggish and not want to exercise. I can't tell you how many times I just wanted to sit on the couch with a container of cream cheese and not move for the rest of the day. Besides that, adding a little exercise will help with those stubborn pounds :)
  • contessakris
    contessakris Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Michelle. I'm new on here just started yesterday and I have a real problem with carbs. I crave them through my day alot. My doctor recently told me I have to lose some weight since it's been 4years since having my daughter. She will be 5 Sept. 14th. I'm 234lbs. Now ,but my goal is 175. That will at least drop a couple of pants sizes I hope. I am serious about learning this app, so I will be on it frequently if you wanna talk or need encouragement.

I always say I'm allergic to carbs. That's how bad they make me feel. And sugar! Oh my goodness, sugar. I had a small piece of key lime pie yesterday at a birthday thing at work, migraine this morning. Its how it goes for me. I KNOW I'm gonna get the migraine and yet I give in to the sugar. It's a constant struggle. Just take it one day at a time. IF you fall down, get back up the next meal. It's the only way to make it through. And as someone else said, menu planning is key. Hubby and I cook a few casseroles or dishes on the weekends, tuna salad in bulk. So I have things to just package up and take for work each day. Otherwise I'd be giving in to the urge to join in on the group food orders they always seem to be doing for lunch at work. Hard to avoid if I don't bring something yummy and fatty.
  • contessakris
    contessakris Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I’m looking for some friends to connect with who are on a low carb/keto way of eating. People who are pretty regular at logging in , may talk recipes or whatever works for us and such. Just need s bit of support.

Also a bonus if you have more than 100# to lose like me.
    I have 100+ lbs to lose, and have been enjoying the Keto lifestyle for just over two weeks. I’m the only one in my house doing this, so also looking for support/motivation. I don’t log on here but could upload screenshots. I log on carb manager.

Yes, being the only one in the house on low carb is very hard. And I have a hubby that loves to cook. And I'm weak. So its awesome he's doing this with me this time. I succeed so much better. But You can do this alone. We're here to help each other.
  • katrinaaleksa
    katrinaaleksa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, been on Keto for over three weeks now and it’s amazing ! When I am cooking for myself it’s really not a problem. Seeing my partner having biscuits by TV in the evening little bit more difficult :)
  • beasont
    beasont Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Please add me also as I just started a low carb diet and work and I need to loose 80 pounds