I no longer crave sweets

stephanieturner0122
stephanieturner0122 Posts: 18 Member
edited August 2018 in Success Stories
Here's my story. During the illness and death of a loved one, I literally ate my feelings for a few months, stopped exercising, and my weight went from 120 lbs to 138 lbs. I'm 5'6 and a 45-year-old woman. This was by far the heaviest I have ever been in my life and I was furious that I let myself go from fit to fat. So in addition to calorie-cutting and getting back to the gym, I decided that I would cut out sweets entirely until I lost all the weight. It's been about 6 weeks of no sweets and my weight is now down to 131 lbs. But the best part is that I have zero cravings for them. During PMS, I actually watched family eat chocolate cake in front of me and was FINE. I truly think that we get so addicted to sugar and other unhealthy foods that cutting out sweets except for rare special occasions is the way to go. Just like moderation doesn't work for alcoholics, neither does continuing to eat sweets for people who overeat. (For those who are curious, my diet is 99% vegan/1% vegetarian and also heavy on berries and veggies. I had gotten fat eating icecream).

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    wonderful- thanks for posting
  • It's great that you found something that worked for you. However, when so many people on this site are struggling with their weight I wouldn't necessarily call a BMI of 22 "fat". Nor do I think it healthy to do so.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    You weren't fat at 138 at your height, you just weren't as slim as you used to be. Well done on finding what works for you. Personally I'm one for moderation but each to their own.
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    If more people understood what you've discovered about sweets, we would have a much healthier society. Death is a difficult thing to deal with and you've allowed yourself to grieve. That was needed. But now, you've also had the insight to take care of yourself too by getting your weight back under control in a healthy, timely way. Many of us on this site need to remember, regardless of where we are in our weight loss/healthy lifestyle journey, that when something happens and we gain weight, it's important to keep moving forward and make the healthy adjustments necessary to get back on track. Thank you for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!