not loosing (frustrated)

Options
Iv'e been on MFP for 6 weeks the first 3 weeks i lost 2 lbs a week and have been at a standstill ever since. i walk 2-5 miles a day and eat 700-1200 calories a day even when i walk sometimes i dont finish my calories. im not a small girl so the weight should be coming off. HELP

Topic: not losing~~MY B!!!!

Replies

• LyneaS
    LyneaS Posts: 22
    Options
    It sounds like you need to eat more!!!!
  • Penelope_373
    Penelope_373 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Are you taking in enough calories? especially on days that you are active, you need to take in all the calories - remembering that the MFP daily allowance already equates the calorie defecit. I would start with re-evaluating what you are eating daily - making sure you are consuming enough to keep your body burning, rather than going into starvation/storing mode.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    No, it sounds like you should be eating a lot more. Your body will not want to let go of weight if it doesn't even have enough calories just to survive on.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My calories had dropped from when I started to about 1600 and I stopped losing weight, I bumped up my activity level (new more active job) putting me back to 2000 calories, and the weight started dropping again. Eat more to lose! Within reason. IE I didn't get to 330 lbs eating 2000 calories obviously since I'm losing at that intake level I had to have been eating more.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    * Eat your net calories (1200 is very low, losing 2lb a week sounds like too low of the setting for 30 lb to lose)
    * eat your exercises calories BACK!

good luck
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    frustrated because your not getting loose? that sucks sorry. :laugh: i had to sorry
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Eat! :-)
    700 calories isn't near enough. I'm betting you should be eating more like 1500 calories a day. What does MFP have your daily calories set at?
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Never eat LESS than 1250 calories per day. You put your body into starvation mode and it retains fat to "protect" you.

It took you YEARS to get to the size you are, don't try to loose it all too quickly. If you do loose it too quickly, the chances are you will gain it back later.

Proper exercise.
    Healthy eating.

Weight loss goal should be about 1 lb per week.
  • toxicat
    toxicat Posts: 79
    Options
    You definitely should be eating more, but focus on 50% of your daily intake as fruits and especially vegetables, tons of them!
  • thagberg5232
    Options
    Dont get frustrated. Sounds like you are at a plato. Have you tried switching up your meals? Also switch up your workout. You could be gaining muscle and that is why the lbs are not coming off. Hang in there.
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I agree with what people said before, you don't eat enough, you put your body in starvation mode. Also don't exercise the same all the time, surprise your body with different moves, that helps too.
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I know it's been said, but EAT MORE! I consistently lost when I started on here and then plateaued for about a month. What broke me out of my plateau? Upping my calories to 1600/day. Granted I don't always eat that much...usually I aim for about 1400 or a little above. I stopped losing when I tried to cut back to 1200 because my body needed more fuel. Good luck!!
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda in the same boat with you. My weight has leveled and I'm eating under my calories. Guess I'll start eating more:flowerforyou: where's the ham sandwich smiley? Actually, after a few days of going over my calories I was happy to be underneath...eating alot of salad. I've been frustrated too so you aren't alone!! Just don't quit!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough and screwing up your metabolism. You're starving yourself and your body is holding onto whatever it's getting.... Do some serious reserach and find your BMR (that's your body at rest) then adjust for activity and then you'll start dropping again....

Do your homework and you'll see what I mean.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    i walk 2-5 miles a day and eat 700-1200 calories a day even when i walk sometimes i dont finish my calories.

Aaaaaaannnnnndddddd....this is why you're not losing weight.....^^^^^^^^^^^
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Eat more, get as close to your calories as possable, my fiancee yells at me if I go over a few calories, but he doesn't understand starvation mode.
    Also change up your exercise a little.
  • jmeirow
    jmeirow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also think that WHAT the calories are is important as well. Especially fiber. Be sure to eat enough fiber. A woman under 50 should be eating 25 grams of fiber every day.

Checkout whole grain pasta, artichokes, almonds and raspberries and try to work them in to your diet.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

^^^^ This^^^^
    And minus 10 points for all of the misspellings in this thread!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I can't believe nobody has suggested eating more.