OT: Chuck E. Cheese=Major bummer!

Options
AmberElaine84
AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
Maybe it's just that sad realization that I'm really grown up now, but I'm very disappointed in Chuck E. Cheese! My husband took a half day off of work yesterday. We went to Navy Pier in Chicago, to the Children's Museum..my girls LOVED it! On the way home we spotted a Chuck E. Cheese and my oldest daughter begged us to go there..and we gave in.

Anyway, the place was COMPLETELY packed, there were ADULTS hogging ALL of the games...my daughter and husband couldn't do anything together. Then she wanted to play in the ball pit and tunnels...there wasn't a ball pit and there were only like, 6 tunnels, if THAT! ADULTS were pushing and shoving to get to the arcade games, and my daughter just stood there, trying not to get elbowed.

As upset as my husband and I were, Becca had a blast and wanted to go there again today...

So, just had to vent a little. Has anyone had a similar situation?

Replies

• AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just that sad realization that I'm really grown up now, but I'm very disappointed in Chuck E. Cheese! My husband took a half day off of work yesterday. We went to Navy Pier in Chicago, to the Children's Museum..my girls LOVED it! On the way home we spotted a Chuck E. Cheese and my oldest daughter begged us to go there..and we gave in.

Anyway, the place was COMPLETELY packed, there were ADULTS hogging ALL of the games...my daughter and husband couldn't do anything together. Then she wanted to play in the ball pit and tunnels...there wasn't a ball pit and there were only like, 6 tunnels, if THAT! ADULTS were pushing and shoving to get to the arcade games, and my daughter just stood there, trying not to get elbowed.

As upset as my husband and I were, Becca had a blast and wanted to go there again today...

So, just had to vent a little. Has anyone had a similar situation?
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Yea the lastime I went there I just wasn't impressed. :grumble: Our kids bring it up here and there but I much rather bring them to a mini golf place or if its cold out bring them bowling or something like that.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I agree. It was a huge disappointment when my boyfriend and I took his niece. It just didn't have the same luster I remember as a child. His niece got completely trampled by people way too large to be in the ball pit and she never wants to go back. I don't either.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    my kids were afraid of the big rat. Now WHO decides a big rat should be their mascot! in the food business no less!!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    We have a place near us that is so much better than Chuck E Cheese. It has the arcade games along with a place for little kids and a huge slide and minature golf outside and a 9 hole one inside. It also has bowling, laser tag and go carts. This has something for everyone along with a pizza restarant and a steak house.

Connie
  • anchower1973
    anchower1973 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Chuck E. Cheese is generally bad.....
    Bad food
    Inadequate entertainment
    Money pit
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    source.gif
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    What does OT mean? I was thinking Over Time but that doesn't make sense.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    What does OT mean? I was thinking Over Time but that doesn't make sense.

Off topic
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    All my girls are grown up. So I never have to set foot in a Chuck E. Cheese again.

Kids always loved it. I never did. Too Loud. Pizza sucked. Overpriced.
  • Cassandraw3
    Options
    Moon_Stone wrote: »
    I wonder if it’s any worse 10 years later? I haven’t been there since my kiddo was 4-5. Do they still exist? Total rip off. I felt like my pockets were being picked every time I went there. Over priced crappy cheese pizza and token combos.

Still overpriced. Appears cleaner than it used to be (at least in my opinion). Pizza is actually pretty decent and they usually serve wine and beer now. No more climbing thing or ball pits. All arcade games and little kid rides. Prizes still suck.
  • jgdsf73
    jgdsf73 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Luckily my girls are grown and my days of going there are over, however the last time I went I played in the ball pit and crawled through the tunnels with my kiddos until I noticed my knees were soaked. Yep, urine!!! Never returned. Just nasty.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    my kids were afraid of the big rat. Now WHO decides a big rat should be their mascot! in the food business no less!!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We went there for a birthday part once. My daughter was immediately terrified of that rat and she will not go back. Probably a good thing because I felt like I needed to bath myself and my child in hand sanitizer as soon as we walked in, and the pizza was ABSOLUTELY GROSS!
  • Cassandraw3
    Options
    I wonder if it’s any worse 10 years later? I haven’t been there since my kiddo was 4-5. Do they still exist? Total rip off. I felt like my pockets were being picked every time I went there. Over priced crappy cheese pizza and token combos.

Still overpriced. Appears cleaner than it used to be (at least in my opinion). Pizza is actually pretty decent and they usually serve wine and beer now. No more climbing thing or ball pits. All arcade games and little kid rides. Prizes still suck.

👍The only cool thing I remember was the sketch photo.

They still have that!
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I had my kids believing that all the tickets they won playing games went to the birthday person. That way I did not have to sit there for 20 minutes while my kids decided on a crappy toy and upset because they didn't have enough tickets for what they really wanted.
    Now that they are teenagers and if we go to Dave and Busters, they are kinda the same way, they don't care about the tickets and will give them away to someone else, or just save them. Rarely do we walk out with prizes.