Back again + Looking for friends + Diabetic!

Options
I've been here before and successfully lost 35 lbs. But after a tragedy struck my life, I gained weight through depression and haven't had the motivation to try again since. A couple years later I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes with my last child, and since I had her, I haven't improved much. (Blood sugar is still high) Two of my doctors think I can possibly manage the diabetes with diet only once I lose some weight! They don't want to label me as Type 2 Diabetic just yet. They want to see how weight loss affects it first. It would be great if I didn't have to be on medication anymore but we shall see once I lose the weight. My motivation is to try and prevent a Diabetes type 2 diagnosis and help the next pregnancy go smoother. Also vanity, energy level, and my husband and I both just want a healthier lifestyle.

I'm looking for friends to encourage and to return the favor! I'm really hoping to also find some diabetic friends to help with nutrition ideas. I'm having trouble with meals. I've lost 6 lbs so far though, yay!!!

Replies

• rartile
    rartile Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Artile and I’m a type 2 diabetic and so far I’ve lost 5 lb
  • worklogue
    worklogue Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 6 lbs!!!! I sent you a friend request 💕
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Your story sounds a little like mine sans the pregnancy....I am out of that age range. :D But I also lost weight on MFP....50 pounds.... had a life crisis, ended up depressed and suffering from PTSD and panic attacks....and gained 20 pounds back. I am a type 2 diabetic and my dream is to be OFF the medication forever. I miss pasta and potatoes and eat little bread. But I AM a full blown diabetic and you definitely want to avoid that if possible.

Awesome loss, btw! Sounds like you are well on your way. Feel free to add me. :)
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I added all of you! Bumping to seek more friends, keep em coming!
  • cajapo
    cajapo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I am older than you but can relate to your journey. I have been labeled prediabetic for years. I've done weight watchers several times with success for a while but always hit that brick wall when I near success. I know I need to lose weight but honestly my focus is not on a number but on a healthier life style and enjoying my life at the same time. I hope tracking what I eat here will help me see the big picture and make wiser choices. I would love to have some friends to share the journey with and encourage each other. My mother passed away recently so I'm feeling the loss and struggling with the void she left. Emotional eating has been an issue in the past and don't want to fall into that trap again.