Any fellow Ketonians? Add me and let’s utilize fat for energy together!

Options
twineclipse
twineclipse Posts: 10 Member
edited September 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Name is Gerry. I just graduated and I’m gonna study nutritional biochemistry with an emphasis on mitochondria and gene expression.

I love to use fat as my main energy source because it equalizes my hormones, giving me a natural appetite and a great mood.

I used to be 200lb when I was 14, eating a whole box of honey bunches of oats, Big Mac, and milkshake yet still feeling hungry.

Now I’m ALL about optimizing the human body: physically, mentally, and emotionally!

I enjoy discovering new things to add to my bio-hacker’s toolbox.

I like this app, but never tried getting friends so I can like their posts and motivate them. I love to send good vibes out!

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• sparkynazca
    sparkynazca Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey there. My husband and I are also trying keto right now.
  • Strawberrygrl
    Strawberrygrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just started strict keto almost a month ago (8/12). My boyfriend and I are doing this together, but it seems that it is making more of a noticeable impact on him than it is on me. It is quite frustrating. I am currently at the same weight I was when I started this thing.

You are more than welcome to add me if you would like. :smiley:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just started strict keto almost a month ago (8/12). My boyfriend and I are doing this together, but it seems that it is making more of a noticeable impact on him than it is on me. It is quite frustrating. I am currently at the same weight I was when I started this thing.

You are more than welcome to add me if you would like. :smiley:

How many calories are you eating?
  • Strawberrygrl
    edited September 2018
    Options
    My goal is set at 1,391 but I most always stay on the lower end of the spectrum. I have never gone over, but I would say usually I stay between 1,000-1,200 daily.

• nutmegoreo
    Options
    My goal is set at 1,391 but I most always stay on the lower end of the spectrum. I have never gone over, but I would say usually I stay between 1,000-1,200 daily.

Are you using a food scale? And have you double checked the database entries that you are using.

Unfortunately, fats are very easy to accidentally underestimate.
  • Strawberrygrl
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yes to the scale. I always use the scale and use the exact number of grams per serving of the item that it calls for.

I never use any data from the database on here since I don't know if it is 100% correct. I input everything into my own custom food entries manually based off the nutritional information for each item and meal.

So idk. :( I have been looking up information online about it and saw that a lack of weight loss may be due to the "whoosh effect". Maybe I am waiting to whoosh? Lol My first week I did drop about 4 lbs, which was probably water weight. The second week it went right back up to where it started and it is sticking.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Yes to the scale. I always use the scale and use the exact number of grams per serving of the item that it calls for.

I never use any data from the database on here since I don't know if it is 100% correct. I input everything into my own custom food entries manually based off the nutritional information for each item and meal.

So idk. :( I have been looking up information online about it and saw that a lack of weight loss may be due to the "whoosh effect". Maybe I am waiting to whoosh? Lol My first week I did drop about 4 lbs, which was probably water weight. The second week it went right back up to where it started and it is sticking.

New exercise routine, stress, TOM? All of those can lead to water retention and scale stalls.
  • polishspring
    polishspring Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Start doing keto week ago my weight is kind of locked in right now need more patience. Add me if you like
  • polishspring
    polishspring Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To Strawberrygrl: maybe you have not right proportion of your macros. Which kind of keto you’re following? Maybe reduce some carbs to protein will help? I’m trying 5/35/60 as carbs/protein/fats; but so far it’s very hard to achieve.
  • Strawberrygrl
    Options
    Polishspring, thank you for the add. I have added you. I am following strict keto. I am doing 5/25/70. I believe I got these numbers from the Keto Connect macro calculator that calculates everything out based on body weight and body fat percentage. I'm always well under the max calories, well under 20g carbs (myfitnesspal changed my 20g to 17g for some reason so I stay well under the 20g and 17g), and under but pretty close to the max protein and fat. I am pretty much always hungry within these macros.