Dove Promises

Options
Back in the day, I enjoyed these little treats. Pre-wrapped chocolates just the right size to curb a craving without eating a ton of calories. And each wrapper had a delightful message inside like, "You are enough" or "love abounds." Now the messages say things like "eat more chocolate" or "buy Dove products" or whatever and I get grumpy from marketing overload. Are there any other single-serving chocolates out there with secret messages inside? Or maybe a really tasty brand I may have overlooked? Lindor chocolates are delicious, but more than a few calories. Hershey Kisses are the perfect size, but I find them too waxy tasting.

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I will just stick with the dove promises because they are the best. There are the more "fancy" brands but I'm not going to spend that much. I haven't gotten dove in a while, I didn't know they changed their little messages.
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I eat dove promises almost every single day - it's my treat to myself for having a healthy lunch and I can fit it into my goals easily. I've noticed the change in messages as well and I find that I rarely read them anymore. Maybe it'd be worth a message to the company to let them know that we're disappointed in the change? I've had good luck with their customer service before when dealing with a bad batch of chocolates. Either way, they're still my favorite chocolates so I'm not going to give them up any time soon because I enjoy them too much!
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I really like Dove promises too, I haven't looked at the inside of the wrapper in a while though, so I hadn't noticed the cute little messages were gone. I do like dark Hershey kisses, but ONLY the dark chocolate ones. Ghirardelli chocolate is pretty delicious too, I've never seen the minis, but the regular sized squares range from 50 calories to 80 (my favorite is Dark and Caramel Sea Salt, which is 70 calories).
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I :heart: Dove Promises. Honestly I used to roll my eyes at the "positive affirmations" on the wrappers so I haven't looked at them in ages. I buy them for the chocolate, which tastes like a more expensive product. They could tell me to *kitten* off on the wrapper and I'd still buy them :wink:

now that's a chocolate I would buy :D
  • Emerald_Warrior
    Emerald_Warrior Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I had some recently and mine still had the little "cutsie" sayings... Maybe I had an old batch :D
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It has been decided! I shall buy a bag and see what unfolds!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I checked my wrapper tonight.
    It says "Do You" and underneath that it says Joclyn H. New York
    Don't know what it means, but I do know that it is a recent package. The changed to the zip close bags a few months ago. Maybe some quote submitted by a person?
    Doesn't appear to be marketing gimmick though.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Don't know what it means, but I do know that it is a recent package. The changed to the zip close bags a few months ago. Maybe some quote submitted by a person?

I would have thought it meant...mind your own busines :) but https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=do you
  • melody6086
    melody6086 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’m currently satisfying my chocolate cravings with Hersey’s dark chocolate miniatures. They have a bag with dark chocolate, crisps and peanut (like a goodbar) and 5 miniatures are 200cals! I have about 2 every night and the keep the edge off!
  • kara_tastic
    kara_tastic Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ChocZero is yummy. I have a chocolate problem <3<3
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options

I would have thought it meant...mind your own busines :) but https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=do you

I assume it means "don't be someone else, do you" (be the best 'you' you can be or something)
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I like the Giradelli variety bags myself. No cute quotes, but a good variety of deliciousness!
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well it’s not chocolate but Yogi tea has nice little sayings on their tea bag strings.