What is up with Subways

Options
Ok I am a fan of Subway but they are killing me lately.

The one by my house ran out of lettuce the other day and did not bother to tell me or the person behind me before we ordered. Then the guy had the nerve to mumble something sarcastic under his breath when I walked out and left him stnading there with half made subs.

Today at the subway near my office I order a sub with no cheese and then asked for extra tomatoes and they wanted to charge me 50 cents for extra tomatoes. I tried to reason with the lady but she did not speak english well enough other than to say no.

The best part is when I asked for more pickels and extra onion she did not charge me for those. I guess tomatoes are like cheese now you have to pay extra

Replies

• RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    Ok I am a fan of Subway but they are killing me lately.

The one by my house ran out of lettuce the other day and did not bother to tell me or the person behind me before we ordered. Then the guy had the nerve to mumble something sarcastic under his breath when I walked out and left him stnading there with half made subs.

Today at the subway near my office I order a sub with no cheese and then asked for extra tomatoes and they wanted to charge me 50 cents for extra tomatoes. I tried to reason with the lady but she did not speak english well enough other than to say no.

The best part is when I asked for more pickels and extra onion she did not charge me for those. I guess tomatoes are like cheese now you have to pay extra
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I once had them charge me 50 cents for extra black olives, and then they only gave me like 9 extra olives. I was beyond annoyed.
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: :grumble: Lots of businesses are feeling the economic crunch now days. I have a feeling its only going to get worse.:frown: I don't know if anybody notices but our country is in a downward spiral and we are in big trouble:ohwell: :ohwell: :cry:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I like to get spinach instead of lettuce. Mmm... There's no reason to charge extra for tomatoes...especially with as many people who don't get tomatoes! Email the company and complain. I'll bet you get free coupons!
  • RKJR925
    Options
    I like to get spinach instead of lettuce. Mmm... There's no reason to charge extra for tomatoes...especially with as many people who don't get tomatoes! Email the company and complain. I'll bet you get free coupons!

Good Idea then my sub with extra tomatoes will only cost 50 cents :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    not gonna get any better anytime soon. not 30 days in, we now have the largest spending package this country or any country has ever seen. in the history of the world.

god help us.:frown:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Wow..I've never been charged for extra veggies!! I've only heard of them charging extra for meat and cheese. Next time, check and see if it's listed on the menu..if it's not case, you may have a case there!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I was turned off by Subway a few years ago due to a "chicken episode"... it was nasty.
    Also, Some of their spinach is gritty... like sandy.
    It's sad.
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: :grumble: Lots of businesses are feeling the economic crunch now days. I have a feeling its only going to get worse.:frown: I don't know if anybody notices but our country is in a downward spiral and we are in big trouble:ohwell: :ohwell: :cry:

You can sing it sista!
  • victoria0684
    Options
    i used to work at SUBWAY back when i was in highschool (6 years ago) and i know we had a guideline to follow... SIX tomato slices for a foot long and THREE for a 6 inch but i don't remember charging extra if a customer wanted extra veggies...we charged dem more if dey wanted extra meat or cheese...so yeah, maybe dey changed it...
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    ahhhhhhhhhh Subway.. Went in there the other day with my niece and we ordered salads.. First question the kid asked us "Do you want lettuce in your Salad" - Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah, isn't a salad mostly lettuce... It was our laugh for the day....

Anita
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    Wow..I've never been charged for extra veggies!! I've only heard of them charging extra for meat and cheese. Next time, check and see if it's listed on the menu..if it's not case, you may have a case there!

they wanted to charge me for extra cucumbers. i also asked for carrots and they said there is a charge. i thought - well, dont leave it out there calling my name then!

and i think it is CRAP to charge extra. a lot of people dont even eat cucumbers on their sandwich and they only put like 2 on there! a whole cucumber only costs $0.80 at the store. yea, dont go there too often any more.
  • RKJR925
    Options
    I have started a economy conversation and I am sorry but since it started let me vent.

I was at Winn-Dixie last night and they were advertising Healthy chioce meals on sale for 3.99 down from 4.39. They are between 2 and 2.50 at Wal Mart.

That place is almost like grocery shopping at a 7-11

You know if the 99 cent menu and ramen noodles were healthy we would all be able to afford trips to the beach to show off our new bodies.
  • beagle595
    Options
    I try to not eat lunch meat from anywhere/ the high concentration of nitrates. If I really crave something I have a grilled chicken wrap with extra shred, light ranch at McDonalds. (They list the meat as fresh frozen so no nitrates... I hope) And I also eat organic veggies/ or frozen. Already had cancer and trying to focus on eating healthy. Be well! :flowerforyou:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

they wanted to charge me for extra cucumbers. i also asked for carrots and they said there is a charge. i thought - well, dont leave it out there calling my name then!

and i think it is CRAP to charge extra. a lot of people dont even eat cucumbers on their sandwich and they only put like 2 on there! a whole cucumber only costs $0.80 at the store. yea, dont go there too often any more.

TOTALLYYY!!!!!:explode: They either charge me extra for cukes or don't have any. Can't remember the last time I had s-way as a result