Reverse thread: "Wow, that had how many calories??"

Options

Replies

• New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Progresso soups
    Mission brand small corn tortillas, 3 for 120 calories. Perfect with tilapia, lettuce tomato and Bolthouse cilantro dressing for a fish taco.
    Puffed wheat and puffed rice cereals.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    pumpkin puree...1.5 cups of it for just under 100 calories!
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Mussels! 12 calories each!
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Progresso soups
    Mission brand small corn tortillas, 3 for 120 calories. Perfect with tilapia, lettuce tomato and Bolthouse cilantro dressing for a fish taco.

I love fish tacos, have them about once a week. I swap out the lettuce for cucumbers: the crunch of cucumbers compliments the tenderness of the fish so well and doesn't get soggy as quick with dressing or other toppings (I make a Greek yogurt with cilantro "dressing" in lui of store bought dressings).
  • Torxa
    Torxa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The way I make a simple grilled cheese sandwich, 208 calories.

A simple plate of bean and cheese nachos, 215 to 240 calories.

One Russell Stover nutty, chewy, or crispy chocolate, 73 calories.

Heart of Palm, 20 calories in half a cup! I love heart of palm but never considered the calories before. Now I keep it in stock at all times for days where I am having trouble staying in my calorie range due to a restaurant meal or family get together.

Lean Cuisine meals. I made the switch from grabbing fast food in a pinch to grabbing a frozen Lean Cuisine. So far I have had 54 different meals and of those, 20 were excellent and I have purchased them again. I also save gas and time.

I really wish this kind of thing was taught in school.
  • scaye103092
    scaye103092 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Cashew milk! I love love love it and it’s only like 30 calories per serving! Perfect for mixing with protein powder for the full feeling and nutrients without using water to cut down calories. And the ‘pizza’ I make almost daily! Aldi fit&active flatbread is only 90 calories. With plain, no salt added, tomato sauce, .5 serving each mozz and sharp cheddar I can have a whole pizza for 210 calories, maybe a little more if I add olives or a ‘chikn’ patties, and it’s very filling!!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    When I first looked up the calories on strawberries I was stoked! I used to eat half the pint and save the rest for another day. I can just go ahead and eat the entire pint. :)

Mustard and hot sauce where also pleasant discoveries.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Pretty much every "kid" cereal. 1 serving (27g) of Cocoa Puffs only have 100 calories! Yes!

I was going to post this. I actually prefer almond milk on cereal; even the sweetened almond milk only adds 22 calories for 3 ounces, which is enough for an actual weighed serving of most cereal. The other surprise in cereals goes the other way - the ones that appear to be healthier choices geared toward adults are usually higher in calories. Often that is due to nuts. The ones you really have to watch out for is the granola based cereals.

But what you hear about kids' cereal being nearly all sugar is mostly old info; they reacted to the push back on that years ago, cut the sugar and added more whole grain. Most have become a reasonable choice as part of a healthy diet. Besides, they're magically delicious. :smiley:

I add "kid's" cereal to my yogurt a lot. Lately it's been Cinnamon Frosted Flakes - so good and 28 grams is only about 100 calories.
  • VUA21
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Pretty much every "kid" cereal. 1 serving (27g) of Cocoa Puffs only have 100 calories! Yes!

I was going to post this. I actually prefer almond milk on cereal; even the sweetened almond milk only adds 22 calories for 3 ounces, which is enough for an actual weighed serving of most cereal. The other surprise in cereals goes the other way - the ones that appear to be healthier choices geared toward adults are usually higher in calories. Often that is due to nuts. The ones you really have to watch out for is the granola based cereals.

But what you hear about kids' cereal being nearly all sugar is mostly old info; they reacted to the push back on that years ago, cut the sugar and added more whole grain. Most have become a reasonable choice as part of a healthy diet. Besides, they're magically delicious. :smiley:

I also have almond milk on my cereal, more because I'm lactose intolerant than any calorie savings. The lower calories are an added bonus.

Yeah, most "healthy" cereals are anything but healthy! Check out the calories on the Quaker Oat Medley's....eeek!!!!

Yep, most "kiddie" cereals are whole grain now. So I'm happy going cuckoo for my chocolatey snack.
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Skyr yogurt high protein, low cals 😋

150g 98 calories 16.5g protein
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I ate two potato chips the other day, 30 calories. 30, for just 2 chips!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Cashew milk! I love love love it and it’s only like 30 calories per serving! Perfect for mixing with protein powder for the full feeling and nutrients without using water to cut down calories. And the ‘pizza’ I make almost daily! Aldi fit&active flatbread is only 90 calories. With plain, no salt added, tomato sauce, .5 serving each mozz and sharp cheddar I can have a whole pizza for 210 calories, maybe a little more if I add olives or a ‘chikn’ patties, and it’s very filling!!

My favorite too! I'm lactose intolerant so I decided to try it, the Silk unsweetened is only 25 calories. Tastes so good with my whey isolate (which has very little if no lactose).

I am trying So Delicious Almond + Cashew Vanilla this week, it's sweetened, and only 50 calories. I don't care for almond by itself. This + protein powder, freaking delicious. I bought it to drink for a stand alone drink though as the protein powder is sweetened. I'm maintaining now so I don't mind the few extra calories, it is really good!
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My local supermarket sells a 0-sugar jelly which is 1 calorie a cup!! It's not specially filling, but a nice way of eating something sweet without piling on the calories.
  • VUA21
    Options
    Walden Farms salad dressing! Zero calorie dressing means no guilt drowning my lettuce leaf in a pool of ranch.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Progresso soups

Tacos are such a good alternative to sandwiches! I get the off brand tortillas, which are 2 for 100 cal, but what I spend in calories, I save in getting 50 tortillas for $2 (Mission is considerably more expensive per tortilla where I live). I eat leftover filling as a salad on the side. I put everything on them, but my favorite invention is barbecue tofu/chicken and sweet potato with shredded red cabbage for crunch.
  • scaye103092
    scaye103092 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Also curry with brown jasmine rice! My recipe gives me 360 calories for a serving but when I only eat 3 meals a day, and my other two average around 200-250 calories that’s a life saver and allows me a little snack room because I only get up to about 860 calories. My faaaaavorite low calories snack is some tuna with cucumber though 😍 or halo top lol the pancakes and waffles flavor is delicious!!
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The 'bad' parts of chicken- skin, dark meat etc are actually pretty easy to fit in. Which is good for me because I find skinless chicken breast to be pretty bleh unless it's in something with lots of sauce.

The varieties of kraft mac and cheese more targeted towards kids (like the ones with character shapes) are weirdly lower calorie than the classic kind. I have no idea if just the prep instructions are different or if it actually is a different recipe.

String cheese, strawberries, pretzels, eggs. Sugar free jellos are practically no calories.
  • Caralarma
    Caralarma Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    A small bag of chocolate peanuts had 470 cals!!! I only logged it after I ate it so I pretty much had to have lettuce for supper 😂
  • Caralarma
    Caralarma Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Oops wrong thread but still