Where my Aussies at!? 😁

Options
Enriquo91
Enriquo91 Posts: 35 Member
edited September 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all!

Awesome to see such an active community on here, would be great to add some fellow 'Strayans!

Sound off in the comments. Let's get amongst it!

Replies

• chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Here
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Me Aussie
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm Aussie too
  • Enriquo91
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Awesome!

There's gotta be more than four of us, though?! Haha. 😂
  • cookiecat90
    cookiecat90 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me !
    I'm in regional NSW.
  • leafry62
    leafry62 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im Aussie
  • Enriquo91
    Options
    Wooo! Another one!

From NQ originally myself, but have now been a Melbournian 7 going on 8 years.
  • Enriquo91
    Options
    One more! Yeyah!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    There's a fair few of us, though definitely a minority.
  • suz764
    suz764 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    And another...I'm on the Gold Coast B)
  • Enriquo91
    Options
    Yeah, have certainly noticed that, slimgirljo15. Would be great to get more Aussie voices about!

Whoop-whoop, suz764! Looks like this is starting to gain some traction!
  • MrRed90
    MrRed90 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m from Perth! Finally some other Aussies yay!
  • Enriquo91
    Options
    Awwyeeeeah! Rep it!
  • Enriquo91
    Options
    Any more folks? Let's keep this going!
  • erinlouise55
    erinlouise55 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Im from Melb, Vic 😁
  • sezdelgado
    sezdelgado Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m from Melb too :smile:
  • Enriquo91
    Options
    Awh-yeah! More of us! And super local, too! 😃
  • trooper230
    trooper230 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yeah ex Army on veterans pension physical and ptsd. Family took off when times got hard for me. Didn’t know what was going on, so rather than help she took my kids and everything. So been alone many yrs got my service dog he takes care of me. So started eating or trying to better no more one microwave meal and 10 coffee and 2 Big sugars and 25 smokes. So now metabolism slowly starting back as 2 Ltr water or more smoking about 12 a day and trying to go for walks more. But still having trouble reaching calories but weight dropping maybe a bit fast. As was always fully on the go training and all the full on scuba para unarmed combat the rest. Then all stopped didn’t Leave house other than Drs. So had a visitor first one in 2yrs for 1/2 hr last week. As Kids well daughter tried but in NZ with hubby having 3 grandkid. But son 22 and not working Mum treated him ridiculous always loved me. But have so much to teach and give. But she must told him some crap so he stays at her place they all sit around non work but buying house all the nice stuff. So values are non, but I guess ex doesn’t want me telling him about real life and how you got to work hard and experience life. So that’s me. Trying hard each day to stay as positive as can but gets hard, especially when my dog doesn’t talk back lol. But he listens to me, so try to keep the old values that seem to not be around anymore. Guess old school of hard knocks. Good to see some Aussie spirt staying together. Cheers.
  • 1aussiegal
    1aussiegal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m from Sydney, NSW
  • Enriquo91
    Options
    Yeah! More of us!

trooper230, cheers for your service, mate. Can't imagine what PTSD must be like, let alone some of the family strife it sounds like you've been through, but welcome aboard. Congrats on the cutting back of the cigs, too - that's a very tough gig, but with the the progress you've made already, I'm sure you can get even lower, heck, maybe even put them away for good one day.

Hopefully the community here can help make at least the physical health aspect of your situation a bit easier. So far, most everyone I've encountered on here is positive and supportive.

Feel free to add me as a friend on here, mate! And that goes for anyone else on here if they want to as well! :smile: