Cold breakfasts besides cereal

Options
Hi all!

It's about 100 degrees here and as much as I love oatmeal and toast .... it's almost too hot to cook anything. Any suggestions for breakfasts that are refreshing on hot mornings?

Thanks!

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Salads

Cheese and fruit

Mochaccino protein shake - protein powder, truvia, cocoa powder, coffee, ice all in a blender
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Some cottage cheese and fresh fruit works for me!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was thinking it would be yummy to chop up 2 hardboiled egg whites and top with chunks of avocado and salsa. never tried it yet, but I am sure it would be fab!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    green smoothies! delicious & nutritious. look up recipes online.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    fresh fruit, greek yogurt, hard boiled egg (make them ahead of time)
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Yogurt is a good one... pair it with fresh fruit. :)
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I like hummus and pita bread, hard boiled eggs with half a grapefruit, yogurt with muesli
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs. I cook up 9 or so at a time, then they are ready and waiting in my fridge.
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of fruit. I like to buy the frozen sugar free kind and then mix it into my yogurt.
  • kim_schreader
    Options
    cottage cheese and fruit, cottage cheese and cucumber, yogurt and fruit or yogurt and granola are my usual choices! :)
  • PageSalyers
    PageSalyers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have lowfat yogurt with granola mixed in almost every morning! SO good and around 200 calories.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My breakfast of choice as of late:

1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
    1/2 tbsp honey
    a bit of vanille extract
    chia seed.

Sometimes I mix in some blueberries or strawberries. YUM!!
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When I am at our beach house, there is no microwave (and I'm too lazy to cook oatmeal the old fashioned way), so the night before I measure out my oatmeal in a bowl, add some milk or yogurt and let it sit in the fridge overnight. I put some fruit or brown sugar on it in the morning and it makes a yummy cold breakfast! I love my oatmeal so it is a must for me. =)
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If you ever have a cooler day, make up a batch of fiber one muffins and store them in a ziploc for the week. Then you can pair them with fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. This is what I did this week, and it's working out great!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothie - plain Greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, frozen banana, skim milk
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Sliced up apple (Fuji) dipped in a tablespoon of microwaved (melted) peanut butter... YUMMO!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i don't know about other people, but when it's really hot, i can't really eat milk products like yogurt because it makes me very phlegm-y. that means ice cream is on the nix, too.

the nice thing about the green smoothies is you can make them dairy-free and so they are especially refreshing in severe heat.

i also like to eat frozen berries for breakfast on super hot days. thankfully, the worst of it is behind us now, but i am empathetic for those that are still going through it.
  • kelseyk14
    Options
    Make quinoa according to directions on label and eat it like oats!! Gluten free, high protein...you can add things like greek yogurt for more protein, peanut butter or fruit!! Its YUMMMY!!
  • jkincaid0202
    Options
    Multi grain waffle with all natural peanut butter
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Cold oatmeal. This sounds kinda yuck but trust me it's GREAT! Here's what you do.

1/2 cup regular long cooking oats (old fashioned)
    1/2 cup milk
    1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (kept in frig)
    1 tablespoon wheatgerm
    1/4 cup of chopped nuts of your choice (I like walnuts)

Mix all together in a bowl before going to bed (don't cook anything). Cover with foil and put in the frig and forget about it until morning. Then in the morning, stir in 1/2 cup of blueberries or any fruit of your choice, a packet of your favorite sweetener and you're good to go. So yummy, refreshing, quick and filling. Not to mention super healthy.