For those who have a food scale..

Options
Hey all!
Do you use a particular food scale that you really like? If so can you please tell me what kind you have!

Replies

• dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I use one called the Kitrics Digital Nutrition Scale. Love it. I purchased it from Amazon.com. They have a lot of reviews posted too.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I just bought a new one because mine went kerflewy after it got a bit wet (oops!)... this is a Taylor food scale. I just made sure that it measures at least 8 lbs, that it has grams and ounces and that it will let me reset the tare as I add ingredients into a bowl. (I prefer to measure in the weight rather than using measuring cups)

I haven't had any problems with it thus far, but it was really the only game in town (mine died one day before I was done using it so I had to buy the first "good" one I found!)
  • sarahlong09
    Options
    I just have a simple one from walmart... its digital and i only use it for ounces... but i think you can use it for more. It works great tho!
  • Kerseygeek
    Kerseygeek Posts: 225
    Options
    I actually have a scale in the shape of a lego head that I got from the lego store. It's simple but works great and I just put down some plastic wrap before weighing something so I'm not always having to wash it.
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I use an actual Digital Postal Scale that weighs lbs, ozs, will also weigh in kgs. Great for food prep even if you're not on a diet! Purchased on ebay for reasonable price.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I have one I bought at Target for around $40. I like it because it does both ounces and grams, which is important if you're going to be a stickler about counting. You'll notice a lot of items say 1 link (i.e. turkey italian sausage) but then it says in parentheses the grams. I've found that by weighing EVERYTHING I do much better.