New to this, looking for someone who posts great new recipies.

Options
First time mom just trying to lose this baby fat and get back right! Help a girl out ;)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I think a better approach is to find your own recipes, using your own taste preferences and developing your own cooking skills, because although weightloss just takes eating less (and moving more), you have to do it for real, consistently, and for a long time, and trying to do what other people do, without understanding why they do, is what makes a person end up yoyo-dieting.

If you're looking for recipes, you can google - name of dish, name of meal, what ingredients you want to use. There's even a dedicated Recipe board in here.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,757 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP community. :) Sometimes it's hard to get started so it's nice to get inspiration from what others are doing. Head on over to our Recipes section: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/recipes

My fave thread is this one: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/823358/what-do-your-meals-look-like-show-me-pictures#latest

Of course not everyone posts recipes on that thread, but I get loads of ideas and try to replicate using foods I have on hand or substituting in things that I like. :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I use Google when needed, but I also like myfridgefood.com for when I'm looking to use up what I have on hand, or budgetbytes.com why looking for inexpensive meals. Neither of those sites have let me down for taste.
  • allieb9509
    allieb9509 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! the sites and pages are super helpful. I already meal prep and make my own recipes but I like to know what others are doing and maybe find something new to eat to spice up my diet and put a lil more variety into it. :D
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Allie: Go to Community tab, Message Boards, Main Forum. There you will find a Recipe Forum with many recipes you can enjoy that others have posted.
  • chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Oooh me too :)