Calories count accurate

I put in the weight that I am and how much I want to lose will this app automatically calculate the proper calorie intake per day ? Do you all have a food scale you like ?

Thank you !!

Replies

• hikinggal11
    hikinggal11 Posts: 59 Member
    Yep, MFP does it all! I own a a Ozeri and love it! It has several different units of weight to choose from, is accurate, and will tare the weight of a bowl/plate so that you can only obtain the weight the food. I got it from Amazon for less than $13.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,595 Member
    If you are shopping for a scale, the key features that I find useful are: (a) digital readout; (b) switches from grams to ounces/pounds; (c) has a tare feature (lets you zero out the weight of a bowl and then add food). Lots of scales do all these things. That and MFP and you are set to track!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    I put in the weight that I am and how much I want to lose will this app automatically calculate the proper calorie intake per day ?
    Yes - but that number is the number for a non-exercise day. When you exercise you log it in your diary and the approximate number of calories get added to that day's total to keep you at the calorie deficit that has been calculated for you.

Do you all have a food scale you like ?

Yes - just an inexpensive one off Amazon.

• julesd79
    julesd79 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you all!!!!