Good to be back!

Options
Hey all! For those who have been keeping up, my wedding was beautiful & was a success! I didn’t track or focus on food/exercise the week prior & used the time to focus on this major life event!

HOWEVER we’re returning from our 12 day honeymoon tomorrow & I ate & drank to my hearts desire on our cruise and made lots of memories! I’m feeling pretty darn bloated and ready to get back to my healthier lifestyle!

I turn 25 on the 28th & I’m determined to make this the year I reach my goal weight & make the changes that’ll last a lifetime! I’m tired of gaining, losing and being desperate enough to try every trend that crosses my path! I even thought of going back to WW which I had sworn to never do again! I know it comes down to calories in vs calories out! Please share your advice/support/success stories! I love seeing inspiring before & afters or hearing how people overcame a life of yo yo yo c6latdb11s3h.jpeg

Replies

• klovesd84
    klovesd84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look absolutely beautiful.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous bride (and that bouquet is beautiful)! 💐
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    My birthday is on the 28th too!! You look wonderful! I'm glad you had fun!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! Work on the calories to lose the weight and then monitor them to maintain. I personally would not recommend going back to weight watchers, but it works for some people and has for me in the (very distant) past. Keeping track of CICO is so much easier than their ever changing format.
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Congratulations. I use the CICO method and like you, have stayed away from trends and eat what I want as long as it fits this time. It's working.

Do what works for you and avoid restrictions you can't do in maintenance.

Edit: You are absolutely glowing in your pic. It's beautiful.
  • DreaDarling87
    DreaDarling87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations and you look absolutely stunning!

As for weight loss, I was a yo yo dieter for many years before finding MFP. I've lost 90lbs over the last year and a half by just eating what MFP told me to eat to lose 1.5lbs a week (2lbs a week when I was over 200lbs). It really is all about CICO. I never restricted any certain food groups and ate whatever I wanted as long as it for within my calorie goal.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You look so beautiful in that dress! I know you can do it on the CICO train!