I GAVE IN THIS MORNING!

Options
okay something bad happened this morning! its kinda hard to even talk about it!

i ate soo much chocolate, prolly like 700 cals!! i feel soo ashamed! :cry:

does this happen to you guys and how do you deal?

p.s can someone explain to me how i can put this pound tracker tool so its under my posts like everyone else?

Replies

• mRina66
    Options

p.s can someone explain to me how i can put this pound tracker tool so its under my posts like everyone else?
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Honey, I have been on a food bender for 3 weeks now. 700 calories in chocolate is nothing!

I tell myself every morning this is going to be the day I get back on track. Every day I lose it and have a food fest pity party. Luckily, I haven't gained any weight these past weeks. But, then again, I'm also not losing any. Damn.... now I want another cookie. Oh wait, I have a caramel apple empanada from Taco Bell with ice cream sitting here next to me. The cookie will just have to wait it's turn!

Seriously though, don't beat yourself up over it. Shake yourself off, and start making better choices for the rest of the day. Just because you overdid it this morning, doesn't mean you have to overdo it for the rest of the day.

Now, if only I would listen to myself....:grumble:
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That's okay- it's happened, move on and adjust your food and/or exercise for the rest of the day to accomodate. Don't let it get you down though. Nothing will come of beating yourself up (except, if you're anything like me, a binge).
  • mRina66
    Options
    aaaaahhhhhhhh the caramel empanadas hit the spot for me too!!!!!!!! lol
    Thanks so much i will definetly try by best for the rest of the day.
  • BillyHoPE
    Options
    In my opinion, the biggest thing is to hop right back on the horse. Use this slip up as motivation for how good you are going to attack the rest of the week!

Don't beat yourself up over it, because then you'll feel bad ("I feel soo ashamed!")... and what's everybody's favorite thing to do when feeling bad??!! :bigsmile: Why eating truck loads of chocolate of course! :huh: Avert downward spiral, and you'll be just fine.
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I gave in after a weak day at the gym this afternoon. COLD STONE ICE CREAM! I had a kid size Oatmeal Cookie and a kid size Lemon Sorbet....they were DELICIOUS...on the flip side, knowing I gave into the temptation, it will be baby spinich and cranberry dressing with roasted red peppers the rest of the day. Shame on them for being a hop skip and jump away on days I crave something sweet and sour :sad: It will be ok in the end tho. You will just have to stick with the veggies the rest of the day to stay within cals or do a work out...
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I did that alllll V-Day weekend. Best way to deal? Try to do extra exercise, even if it's just 10 minutes of jumping jacks in your room or taking the stairs, and try to chip away at the extra.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    In the long run 700 calories doesn't make any difference! Just don't make yourself feel bad for it, and try to make good choices the rest of the day.

If you have to go up to maintenance calories for today because of it, thats fine too. Everyone messes up sometimes, especially on a bad day. It's part of life, the trick is learning how to keep going after, that's what will make the difference. Don't let this make you feel like you have to give up.

:flowerforyou:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I dunno...I have the discipline of a monk I guess. If I just MUST have chocolate, I take it OUT of the container, so I see how much I'm eating. Then I don't let myself go back. I eat it reeeally slow. :happy:

I had a headache about half an hour ago and eating didn't help so I allowed myself one mini Kit-Kat (66 calories) and now I won't even go back into the kitchen 'cause I know what could happen if I do. :blushing:
  • epmuh8
    Options
    my soft spot is cheese!:tongue: 700 calories is indeed nothing! when i eat a bit too much i just know that i have to schedule in 20-30min of exercise that day and probably a lighter dinner. at least it happened earlier and not at night when you can't do anything about it.
  • MrsNattles
    Options
    One of the things that I have done to curb my chocolate cravings is have a few Hershey's kisses. They're not that terrible, and I find because they're small but rich, I can have 5 and be satisfied, even on the worst cravings. Whereas, when I buy a full chocolate bar, I find that I feel compelled to eat the whole thing.

As for the weight tracker, go under the Tools tab, it's called a ticker.

Don't beat yourself up, just pick yourself up and get back on the right track!! ;)
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It will be okay, just get back on that horse do not give up! You can do it!!! We all have had days where we eat things that we know we should not. Just make 2morrow count! Smile::happy:
  • mRina66
    Options
    Thanks for the support, you guys rock my world! lol i love chocolate! i hate dark chocolate. i also like to dip it in hot tea it gets all melty that way. so whenever i have my tea i always crave something sweet.

but where do i paste the tracker once i create it?
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but hopefully someone will tell you because I would like to know. :happy:
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options

:heart: Just let it go and move on. I've done this kind of binge eating a few times and you can't beat yourself up for it.:drinker: Are you under a lot of stress? That's what triggers me.:flowerforyou:
  • mRina66
    Options
    i mean i'm always under stress. lol but u know i think the problem is that my parents eat whatever they want and the loove candy and we have it all over the house so i'm always starring right at it. Its hard to explain to your family that you are trying to eat healthy especially if they are European! lol
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Make the tracker, copy the code you're given and then go to "settings" on your home tab. Go to the settings for signature and paste it there :)
  • dkell
    Options
    i mean i'm always under stress. lol but u know i think the problem is that my parents eat whatever they want and the loove candy and we have it all over the house so i'm always starring right at it. Its hard to explain to your family that you are trying to eat healthy especially if they are European! lol
    :flowerforyou: Sometimes you have to try to explain it to them.:flowerforyou:
  • dkell
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sometimes you have to try to explain it to them.:flowerforyou:
  • thomthiel
    Options
    ok here, go to "tools" then "ticker", then go down and click "get the ticker code" copy the code then go to the "My Home" tab then "settings", then "change forum signiture" then paste in box and save changes.