Meal prepping

Options
compaslim23
compaslim23 Posts: 1 Member
I need help meal prepping at home, I’ve spent way to much money buy them can some one give me some easy to follow recipes please

Replies

• rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Personally I will just bulk cook chicken on a sunday in a marinade that will last me for my daytime meals until Thursday. I will also roast some vegetables and cook rice to last until Wednesday. If I am feeling pushed for time on the sunday will just use microwave rice/veg its more expensive but nicer (fresher) and easier. I also will bulk cook a chili with lean mince, tinned tomato's onion spices etc. That is what I eat in the evenings.

As you can see I eat same things mon-fri everyweek it doesn't bother me but its not for everyone.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    We tried meal prepping but after some time the food just felt monotonous and boring to us. We ended up with ":what else is there to it?" so now we cook daily to keep meals interesting.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    1. Pick your meat. Buy what you like or what is on sale.
    2. Change your sides. There’s rice, pasta, potatoes of any colour, quinoa. You could get small quantities from the Bulk Barn to add variety in a single week.
    3. Use a variety of sauces. There’s curries, Italian, Mexican, Chinese. You can buy yourself ready made to save time.
    4. There’s an endless variety of veggies available. Try a vegetable slicer to change up a familiar vegetable. Try adding both dark green and orange veggies. How about a Bok Choy and shredded carrots?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    We don't really meal prep in my household, but anything that freezes well will be batch cooked in large quantities and frozen in small portions for future meals. These include, meatballs, braised chicken (curries, coq au vin, caciatore, chicken teriyaki, Korean dak dori tang), lasagna (classic or vegetable), stews (beef estouffade, manzo rovato, or lrish lamb stew), cottage or shepherd's pie, bolognese or amatriciana sauce for pasta, risotto cooked half way (google restaurant risotto).

The only weekly meal prep dish we do is a spatchcock roast chicken on Sunday with roast potato and veg. Make stock with the carcass by simmering leftover bones with a halved onion tossed into the pot, skin and all, with whatever tired old vegetables lurking in the fridge. Freeze for future soups, risottos or gravies. We will have a simple leftover chicken recipes on subsequent days such as
    https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/avocado-chicken-salad
    https://www.spicetheplate.com/chicken/bang-bang-chicken/
    https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/avgolemono-chicken-soup-rice
  • BelleRequin
    BelleRequin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What did you buy, and why do you want to meal prep? Classic meal prep never worked for me (eat the same thing for 4 days? Not a chance). So now my 'meal prep' is just a matter of batch cooking meat and then vacuum sealing and freezing in individual portions. I can reheat the meat in about a minute, then add whatever sides or sauces I want quickly and easily. Means I can make myself dinner in usually 10 minutes or less, and still have variety day to day.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    get a free trial of platejoy.com