Searching for kid friendly recipes!

Options
Hello! I'm a mom of 2 and my kids are both very good eaters! However, I have a hard time bc it's so much easier to give them a poptart or cereal rather than making a good breakfast! (Which makes it easier for me to cheat!)

I was wondering if anyone had any quick/easy/healthy family friendly recipes for breakfast! (Or any meal for that matter! I'll take what I can!) Let me know what your family's favorites are! I'd love to hear them! Thank you guys!!

-Angela

Replies

• Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    BUMP...I have hard time feeding a family of four when I am watching what I eat since they do not eat the same foods I do. We do all like Sloppy Joe's.
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Eggo has blueberry Nutrigrain waffles that seem to work with my kids.
    And cereal... I bought several "Mommy diet" cereals and they ate them up like they were going out of style... :)
    Multi grain Cheerios. (only got one bowl out of that box before they scarfed it down)
    Special K red berries
    Fiber One cereals... (mine love these!!)
  • MalikaiTheRed
    Options
    Cheddar Cheese sauce (because rare is the kid who doesn't like macaroni and cheese)

8 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine
    1/2 c unbleached All purpose flour (60g)
    1 tsp mustard powder
    1/4 tsp paprika
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp black pepper
    3 cups Milk (I used skim)
    1/4c grated Parmesan (20g)
    4oz shredded Cheddar (sharper the better)

make a rue of the butter, flour and spices. add milk. bring milk to full boil, stirring occasionally (so it doesn't stick or scorch). kill heat and stir in cheese. Makes enough sauce to coat a pound of macaroni generously

I am watching my sodium so I didn't add any salt, adding some wouldn't hurt at all. Depends on the flavor strength in the Parmesan and cheddar you use
  • nickele_d
    nickele_d Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm single, but I have my nieces and nephews over from time to time.

3-4 eggs (More for more mouths)
    1/2 Cup of Chopped Peppers (Or More if you like them)
    1/3 Cup of Chopped Onion
    1/3 Cup of Asparagus (Personal favorite)
    1/3 Cup Chopped (or sliced) Mushrooms
    1/3 Cup Chopped Turkey Beacon (Or regular depending on goals)
    25 ml Milk (Replacement?)
    Pinch of Salt and Pepper
    Optional Cheese (I'd only put in a few little squares. Just for stickiness and flavor
    Virgin Olive Oil (Not a lot)

Fry it on medium heat, under ten minutes, maybe a little longer for cheese and so on, but should all be done within that time. there is a omlette way of doing it, I personally don't know it. so I let the egg start getting hard, then add everything else and mix it up. Kids don't care much and I'll eat it for sure - Thats the one I've got for you, hope it helps.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Oooh this is a fun topic! I make a lot of oatmeal because we all love it so much, but the old fashioned oats or steel cut, not instant. We do lots of breakfast burritos with egg whites (in the carton by the regular eggs), cheese, mushrooms, salsa, black beans, and plain greek yogurt (it tastes like sour cream, but a tablespoon is like 8 calories or something). I love to do oatmeal on the go bars too. I got the oatmeal on the go bar recipe from Weelicious, and that's basically where I get all my recipes from (fruit and seed bars too. The lady who owns Weelicious makes recipes for kids that are healthy and tasty, and we all love it. Most is quick to make. Some things I like to make and freeze ahead of time so I can just pop it in the microwave for a quick and easy meal (turkey meatballs, chicken fingers, muffins for breakfast, etc)

http://weelicious.com/