Yoga For All

Is anyone else doing this 14 day practice on One Commune? I'm just starting to get back into yoga after a knee op 4 months ago, would love to have some company on the journey!

Replies

• Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Not doing that particular series but have recently started doing yoga again after knee surgery three months ago. Good luck!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    I'm with sarjenki. I am not doing that particular series.
    But I had ACL replacement surgery a few years ago. Then I aggravated a meniscus tear just as things were improving.
    Yoga has been essential for my rehab. It gave me a way to use the bum leg and keep it strong when anything that caused pounding was a bit painful. Not to mention the fact that it helped me keep everything loose and flexible when otherwise it joints and muscles might have gotten stiff and contracted.
    Good luck.
    What was your surgery?
  • I had patellar realignment surgery, which involved an osteotomy to realign the ligament, and also tightening and loosening of tendons on either side of my patellar!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    I had patellar realignment surgery, which involved an osteotomy to realign the ligament, and also tightening and loosening of tendons on either side of my patellar!

Ouch... Glad you're feeling well enough to get back into yoga. Go slow and mind your doctor.
    I've had ACL reconstruction on both knees with hamstring grafts. For a while after the first one (I'm not far enough out from this one to tell if it's gonna be the same as first one) the affected hamstring cramped up a lot and yoga really helped with that issue. Hopefully it will help you too.