Losing with an Auto immune disease and diabetes

Options
Hi my name is Terry, originally from Scotland but live outside of Houston Texas. Have been struggling with my weight the last 15 years. Chocolate is my down fall and I’m a picky eater. Don’t like to try new things. Been recently diagnosed and have felt like crap since May. Now with good meds I’m starting to feel better and want to start getting active again and eat right.
Would love to have some friends on here that we could help each other be accountable.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you just have to eat less, and you (the universal you) can eat less of anything. But when you're suffering from two ailments that limit what you can eat, and you already have limitations to what you will eat, you need to take special care. Have you been referred to a detician who specializes in your conditions? If not, I believe that is where you should start.
  • ServusChristi
    ServusChristi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me. I have Hashimoto's (with half my thyroid removed eight years ago), psoriasis vulgaris, and psoriatic arthritis, all autoimmune diseases, as well as diabetes mellitus. I'm down to 241 lbs from 390 lbs and still losing.
  • reyesmi
    reyesmi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I was diagnosed with a liver disease. Which started me down the fitness path again. I am here to tell you got this!!