Why my calories and macros don't match up

Options
I put my daily calorie intake as 2060 and 20 percent to carbs and 40 percent to both protein and fats. By the end of the day I'm hitting my macros but there are calories left

Replies

• Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yep, that happens with me pretty much every day. Once I've hit my macros I don't really worry about the remaining calories unless I'm massively under, then I might dang the macros and have a protein shake or something to get closer to my totals. You could eat slightly more carbs to make your calories and see how you get on.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    There are inaccuracies allowed on nutrition labels and therefore the database too even when it exactly matches the label.

Add in the fact not all database entries are correct either - there's your difference.

Calories are going to be more trustworthy though from labels.
    So hit reasonable calorie eating goal, get macros close.
  • diddlywiddly
    diddlywiddly Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    There are inaccuracies allowed on nutrition labels and therefore the database too even when it exactly matches the label.

Add in the fact not all database entries are correct either - there's your difference.

Calories are going to be more trustworthy though from labels.
    So hit reasonable calorie eating goal, get macros close.

Oh yeah. Yesterday I added a food from the database that was 17 calories with 52g of fat! Ooooops. I did the neighbourly thing and submitted an edit on that one. But if anyone here figures out to make 52g of fat only 17 calories I owe you sexual favours for life. Or you know.. like.. a thank you!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    saamarel wrote: »
    I put my daily calorie intake as 2060 and 20 percent to carbs and 40 percent to both protein and fats. By the end of the day I'm hitting my macros but there are calories left

If you are only looking at the percentages, it is of course easy for that to happen, as any number of calories can be divided 20/40/40 among the macros. You could do it on 1200 calories or 5000 calories. One reason I think macro percentages are a pretty silly way to try to hit your nutritional needs.