Went to the doctor's today...

Options
Found out that my scale has the wrong reading, for whatever reason. I actually weigh 247 instead of 220.

Also found out that I'm not 6'1'', but instead 5'9''. So, I'm not just overweight, but obese.

I adjusted my MFP stats, and understand that it's my fault for not being accurate, but this was quite depressing. :ohwell:

Replies

• CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Aw, that sucks. Don't let it get you down, just start again with your new measurement and new goals and keep going. You'll do great. (((hugs)))
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Growth spurt?? :S
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it can be depressing finding out you weigh more than you thought! And hey at least you're still tall... I'm 5'7"... wish I were 5'9"!
  • HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Growth spurt?? :S

My width, maybe... not height. :X
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I can understand scales giving different readings (mine is about 14 lbs diff than my doctor's), but how could you mistake 4 inches in height? I'm 5'9" and the only time I'm near 6'1" in height is when I'm wearing 3-4" stacked high heels.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Found out that my scale has the wrong reading, for whatever reason. I actually weigh 247 instead of 220.

Also found out that I'm not 6'1'', but instead 5'9''. So, I'm not just overweight, but obese.

I adjusted my MFP stats, and understand that it's my fault for not being accurate, but this was quite depressing. :ohwell:

How could you think you were 6'1" if you are only 5'9", that is a huge difference???
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Ouch. Look on the bright side, though, did the scale still go down since you started MFP? Are your clothes fitting better? Are you losing weight and getting in shape?

If you answered yes to any or all of these, then you're still on the right track!
  • soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, either number is just a number, and if isn't your target, it isn't your target! Keep at it and don't give up!
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    stay with your own scales, you use them more often. it is only a number, as long as it goes down. Trust yourself and you will get there
  • debdptg
    debdptg Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I can understand the scale being wrong - I'm never sure the doctor's scale is right. But, how do you think that you are 6'1'' when you are 5'9"? That seems a really basic thing to notice about yourself...have you shrunk?
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    my scales are wrong as well here by 10 lbs i weight myself on our scale for the horses :laugh:
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Don't let this get you down. Changes your MFP figures, and keep going, you can do this.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Sorry about that! Wow! I'm a half inch shorter than I thought I was, but.....4 inches shorter?!!!
  • HangoverSquare
    Options
    I'm not sure what's gone wrong with measuring my height. The last time I did it was a year and a half ago. Maybe it was the wrong reading the begin with, and I've just been flying with it. Pretty stupid.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Wow does your gut hurt after those 2 punches.

Don't get discouraged. You will still do great if you stick with it. No more scales for you.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My son was measured as being 92cm by the hospital, so I took him to a theme park where the minimum height is 90cm.

The hospital's figure was definitely wrong! He was just on the borderline of 90cm. I'd try measuring again before you take the new figures as true.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    My son was measured as being 92cm by the hospital, so I took him to a theme park where the minimum height is 90cm.

The hospital's figure was definitely wrong! He was just on the borderline of 90cm. I'd try measuring again before you take the new figures as true.

2 cm is less than 1 inch, he is talking about 4 inches.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options

4" = 10.16 cm difference. Not easily mistaken.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Time to buy a new scale - go for digital, My new one is much more accurate. If it makes you feel better I always thought I was 5'6 and actually 5'5.5 Lost 1/2 inch somewhere along the way.
  • HangoverSquare
    Options
    I called them back after measuring myself. I measured 71.5 inches. Turns out I either misheard the nurse or she mispoke, because they measured me as 70.75 inches.

Phewwwww. Rounds out to about 6 - 6'1''.

Now, about that weight... :laugh: