I've lost 100 lbs already. What to expect for the next 100 lbs?

Options
I pose this question mainly for those who have gone through a similar weight loss journey, but interested in all input.

I'm down almost 110 lbs. My goal is to lose 235 lbs in totality. Started at 425 lbs, now sitting around 315 lbs.

What should I begin to prepare for in order to tackle the next 100+ lbs? I'd be interested to hear what you may see as potential hurdles or problems.

Sorry for the lengthy post!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great work!! Tighten up your counting and stay very consistent. You will be able to get more active. Find s good thrift store because you’ll need lots of new clothes. Continue to take progress pics and measurements
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    k8eekins wrote: »
    First off, congratulations for having managed such a feat! From my vantage point for having been freight weight (briefly before 2012), apart from what pinggolfer96 and lorrpb have imparted, all I have to add for to ease your efforts are:
    • PLEASE do not neglect your skincare protocols
    • Be especially mindful of your hydration, which should be around 118 oz at the very least
    • Regularly launder and change your linens (ie bed sheets, pillow cases, towels, face cloths, ...) plus your workout attire, conscious of pre-treatment protocols

What are pre-treatment protocols?
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have nothing insightful to add but just wanted to say how happy I am for you! Well done! You have so much to be proud of. Best of luck for round 2!
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i've had to steadily increase my exercise to keep a big deficit. all i do is walk for exercise. at 4 miles, i didn't have time to walk further, so i switched to an treadmill and began raising the incline. this is a good calorie calculator that factors in weight and incline http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/walking-calorie-burn-calculator.shtml
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    First off, congratulations for having managed such a feat! From my vantage point for having been freight weight (briefly before 2012), apart from what pinggolfer96 and lorrpb have imparted, all I have to add for to ease your efforts are:
    • Be especially mindful of your hydration, which should be around 118 oz at the very least
    • Regularly launder and change your linens (ie bed sheets, pillow cases, towels, face cloths, ...) plus your workout attire, conscious of pre-treatment protocols

Whatever your pre-laundry load protocols are, plus your go-to products@pretreatment. Do you not stain, spot treat and/or soak, pretreat and leave to set your clothing, ... ? Linens too if necessary?

I wear workout attires with a lot of white in it sometimes, so it is a consideration, when I live in haboob central and prefer to workout outdoors. Dust is real.

My angle stems from when I'd lost my first 100 lbs, I was still 759 lbs.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already done so, begin to incorporate strength training into your routine.
  • k8eekins
    Options

Whatever your pre-laundry load protocols are, plus your go-to products@pretreatment. Do you not stain, spot treat and/or soak, pretreat and leave to set your clothing, ... ? Linens too if necessary?

I wear workout attires with a lot of white in it sometimes, so it is a consideration, when I live in haboob central and prefer to workout outdoors. Dust is real.

Oh, OK. I didn't relate laundry practices to weight loss. I've lost 170+ pounds without changing my laundry routines.

Personal preferences I suppose. Laundry and Fitness, Laundry and Weight loss ARE maintenance essentials IMO.
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Oh, OK. I didn't relate laundry practices to weight loss. I've lost 170+ pounds without changing my laundry routines.

Personal preferences I suppose. Laundry and Fitness, Laundry and Weight loss ARE maintenance essentials IMO.

Oh, I completely agree that laundry is essential. I just already thought that and acted upon it when I was super obese. I join your endorsement of clean sheets, white whites, and fresh workout clothes :smiley: I just didn't assume that anyone didn't do laundry well because they were fat. Live and learn! Thanks for explaining.
  • k8eekins
    Options

Oh, I completely agree that laundry is essential. I just already thought that and acted upon it when I was super obese. I join your endorsement of clean sheets, white whites, and fresh workout clothes :smiley: I just didn't assume that anyone didn't do laundry well because they were fat. Live and learn! Thanks for explaining.

For some of us, our protocols suffice, however minimal or extreme. Unfortunately, some need hospitalisation when the preventative protocols weren't prioritised even within the 200 lbs - 300 lbs range.

Congratulations for having successfully lost > 170 lbs. I'd been on maintenance for a while, but since my return to myfitnesspal with only 30 lbs to go, I'm focused on sitting between 20% - 22% body fat.
  • iRyanS
    iRyanS Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. definitely some good points of view in this thread that I have some sort of perspective into now
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Laundry aside, at some point this is going to require significant patience and persistence. PLEASE learn about nutrition, cooking and generally, healthy habits that will serve you in maintenance. Losing is only half the battle, staying there is the rest. And it’s hard.

And you didn’t ask, but I will share...there are times when you’ll look really awful. You get lumpy and saggy and floppy and bumpy. It sucks. But when you approach a reasonable body fat %, it all starts coming together.