Creepy stories, anyone?

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
I don't know about you guys, but I love creepy stuff! Yesterday in class we were sharing creepy stories that were true and it gave me an idea. Anyone have any creepy stories? They don't have to be scary, just strange that have happened to you or someone you know. :) I'll start.

Yesterday, a classmate told this story.

Rita (my classmate) was in Italy visiting her friends and family. She was at a friend's house when her friend's 7 year old son came into the kitchen, got on the table, laid down and closed his eyes. His mother told him, What are you doing? Get off the table! And he replied, Mama, a casket would look nice in the kitchen, don't you think. The next day, the boy was hit by a car and died. They had the viewing at their house and put his casket in the kitchen.

Now your turn!

Replies

• amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I don't have a contribution, but WOW that is crazy creepy.
  • TheShelterCat
    Options
    Creepy!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    This isnt too creepy, but was super weird.
    I was at a Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine, FL and was touring the bedrooms in the original part of the house and I got a strange feeling walking into this one room. So I asked the lady who was walking us through the rooms, "Is this place haunted?". She said no. As soon as she said no, the TV turned on in the room....
    Got my answer! LOL
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    That story just gave me the creeps!! My son is 7 so it made my heart pull, is it really true?

When my son was little he would sit in his bedroom, and play cars or whatever, and sometimes it seemed like he was talking to someone. I asked who he was talking to and he said that there was a little boy that would come and play with him sometimes, but only he could see him. I asked if the boy was nice or mean, and he said nice. Never heard a word about it since we moved.

I'm not a believer in imaginary friends, but I do think there was a little boy spirit in our home. Creepy, but not too bad. Freaked me out a little, but as long as the little boy was nice, whatever.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    This isnt too creepy, but was super weird.
    I was at a Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine, FL and was touring the bedrooms in the original part of the house and I got a strange feeling walking into this one room. So I asked the lady who was walking us through the rooms, "Is this place haunted?". She said no. As soon as she said no, the TV turned on in the room....
    Got my answer! LOL

LOL, I would have high tailed it out of there!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you guys, but I love creepy stuff! Yesterday in class we were sharing creepy stories that were true and it gave me an idea. Anyone have any creepy stories? They don't have to be scary, just strange that have happened to you or someone you know. :) I'll start.

Yesterday, a classmate told this story.

Rita (my classmate) was in Italy visiting her friends and family. She was at a friend's house when her friend's 7 year old son came into the kitchen, got on the table, laid down and closed his eyes. His mother told him, What are you doing? Get off the table! And he replied, Mama, a casket would look nice in the kitchen, don't you think. The next day, the boy was hit by a car and died. They had the viewing at their house and put his casket in the kitchen.

Now your turn!

I just shivered reading that.

In my teens, I was with a guy and two girls. Four of us were driving around at night for something to do. I took them to an area, and we ended driving by a cemetary. One of the girls wanted to stop. We parked, and walked through. I remember she went to a tombstone,and we had to use a lighter to see the name. I don't remember the age details, but we read the name. We're walking around, probably 50 feet in another direction, all of a sudden she stopped again and wanted to see the details on this other tombstone. They were the same last name.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    When my brother was little, whenever we would go to our grandparents' house, he would sit in this corner, look up and just laugh for hours. The dogs would also bark at the same corner all the time for no reason. One day I was watching my brother laugh and he turned like he was following someone, and then he started looking at a chair. He began laughing, and the chair started to rock on its own. Maybe it's true that children can see spirits. Makes sense to me.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't scary-creepy, but it's just weird and it happened yesterday...

Yesterday marked 4 years since my friend Will was killed overseas during war. I dread August 16th every year now. I wanted to get my mind off of things, so I went out and ran some errands. On my way home, I stopped by Wendy's to get something to drink. Shame on me, but that's besides the point. Anyway, there was a soldier behind me in line. It gave me chills and I felt like Will had sent him there. To show him my appreciation, I bought his lunch. In return, he invited me to sit with him while I drank and he ate his meal. We sat and talked for awhile about everything under the sun, including Will. Before we left, he gave me a hug, said thanks, then proceeded to tell me his middle name is Will and that he hadn't said something sooner because he didn't want to freak me out. I thought he was just pulling my leg, but he verified it. I literally broke down in the middle of the parking lot. That's just.... unreal.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    Mine isn't scary-creepy, but it's just weird and it happened yesterday...

Yesterday marked 4 years since my friend Will was killed overseas during war. I dread August 16th every year now. I wanted to get my mind off of things, so I went out and ran some errands. On my way home, I stopped by Wendy's to get something to drink. Shame on me, but that's besides the point. Anyway, there was a soldier behind me in line. It gave me chills and I felt like Will had sent him there. To show him my appreciation, I bought his lunch. In return, he invited me to sit with him while I drank and he ate his meal. We sat and talked for awhile about everything under the sun, including Will. Before we left, he gave me a hug, said thanks, then proceeded to tell me his middle name is Will and that he hadn't said something sooner because he didn't want to freak me out. I thought he was just pulling my leg, but he verified it. I literally broke down in the middle of the parking lot. That's just.... unreal.

Oh. Wow. That's just amazing. WIll must be watching over you.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I was on a ghost walk tour with my hubby and our kids were probably 12 and 13 at the time. We went down this one alley and they were telling a story about the place when I turned to my husband and said "Who the heck is smoking a cigar?" I was a little mad that someone would light up on a public tour with children around. He said "I don't smell anything." A few minutes later my daughter started sneezing. After a few "bless you"'s from the crowd, Mariah said to me "Someone has realllly strong perfume" We continued walking down the alley and listening when the storyteller came to the part in the story about two lovers who were shot and killed by her husband in the restaurant alley. You probably guessed it, people have been known to smell cigar smoke and flowery perfume in the restuarant and alley-- the smells the two lovers were known for. Creeped us all out, we all looked at each other and didn't say a word to anyone else.

We took some photos in the alley and there are perfect shaped round orbs around my head and my daughters head. People can say that it was dust on the camera but I don't think so! The photos taken before and after the alley didn't have orbs in them!
  • pixidaisy
    Options
    I grew up in a haunted house, so I have many stories but these two stick out in my mind the mose.

My brother and his friend were about 12 and were in the living room playing video games, my mom had an old rocking chair that sat in the corner, we used to put our coats and backpacks in the chair. This particular day they left all their coats out in the kitchen and in the middle of their game the rocking chair started rocking all on its own, there was no one else in the house but the 2 boys.

and

One night when I was 16 I was spending the night at my best friends place, we were the only 2 in the house and were both in the basement when we heard someone walk across the kitchen floor, turn the living room TV on, and then proceed into her parents room and then into the Master bathroom. We didn't think anything of it as we thought it was just her dad coming home from their night out but I went upstairs to get a drink later and there was no one home, the bathtub was wet like someone had showered, and the TV was on but we never heard anyone leave the house. We later found out that the person who had owned the house had died in the bathroom of a heartattack.
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    The previous owner of our house had passed away and the house was vacant for 2 years before we bought it. The previous owner had been an elderly lady who loved her garden but after 2 years (or more as she had been in poor health) of not being tended the garden was badly overgrown and needed a lot of work. One weekend our first spring in the house I was pruning some shrubs and really cutting them back a lot. I half wondered what the old lady would think of what we were doing in the yard and hoped she'd understand that we were trying to restore her garden. As I was working a strong floral scent wafted around me. I looked around and didn't see anyone on the street and it was too early in the spring for anything to be in bloom. As I worked the scent would get stronger and weaker and stronger and weaker before it faded away completely. I have never smelled it again and have always wondered whether she was checking on her garden.
  • GrannyCynth
    GrannyCynth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a couple, I call them angel sightings. 1. We were in Seattle andd got in a car wreck a lady smashed into our side and we went sideways and hit the car in the next lane. Our car was squished but driveable. After we got checked out at the hospital my husband decided to try to drive us back to his parent's house. The car started smoking so he pulled off to the side of the road. A man stopped to help him, after about a minute, the guy grabbed Joe and pulled him away from the front of the car. Our car was hit from the rear and smashed us into the man's car in front of us. Then the man matter-of-factly got into his car and drove away. It seemed like he only stopped to save Joe's life.
    The other one happened when I was about 5. I was home alone, my mom was visiting with the neighbor across the street. I was a very depressed little child, I didn't feel love and had actually tried to figure out how to hang myself but couldn't figure out the right way. I was in the basement and started walking up the steps, I was crying and said no one loves me. Right then I saw in front of me a nice looking man and woman, they reached down and touched me and told me that they loved me. I never felt unloved again.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My mom used to tell me this story.

Her mother was pretty strict and raised her to clean a house right, including making the beds the right way. If my mom didn't do it right, my grandmother would lift the corner of the bed covers to let her know she had to do it again.

Shortly after my grandmother passed..(I was only about 2)...my mom said she walked into her bedroom, and the covers of the bed were lifted at the corner. She said she always felt it was her mom letting her know she was ok.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I have a couple, I call them angel sightings. 1. We were in Seattle andd got in a car wreck a lady smashed into our side and we went sideways and hit the car in the next lane. Our car was squished but driveable. After we got checked out at the hospital my husband decided to try to drive us back to his parent's house. The car started smoking so he pulled off to the side of the road. A man stopped to help him, after about a minute, the guy grabbed Joe and pulled him away from the front of the car. Our car was hit from the rear and smashed us into the man's car in front of us. Then the man matter-of-factly got into his car and drove away. It seemed like he only stopped to save Joe's life.
    The other one happened when I was about 5. I was home alone, my mom was visiting with the neighbor across the street. I was a very depressed little child, I didn't feel love and had actually tried to figure out how to hang myself but couldn't figure out the right way. I was in the basement and started walking up the steps, I was crying and said no one loves me. Right then I saw in front of me a nice looking man and woman, they reached down and touched me and told me that they loved me. I never felt unloved again.

These were, indeed, angel sightings! Thank you for sharing this.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    my father had two sisters. he also had a natural affinity for animals and trained several wild deer.

My Aunt Tola died first. Then my dad. Then, about 4 years ago, Aunt Bobby died. While pulling into the driveway of the funeral home for her service, three deer came into the lawn. A buck and two doe. The buck looked right at the car my mom and i were in, nodded his head, and the three left.

you will never convince me that that wasn't my dad telling us that they were together again and that it was OK.
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I use to babysit in a house that i use to think was really creepy. Mostly just the upstairs,you would walk upstairs and instantly feel uneasy. I would just hurry up and run upstairs to the kids room and come down. One time i was sitting on the couch and i noticed the little boy was standing behind the wall that goes upstairs and he kept peeking up the stairs then hiding behind the wall. I asked him what he was doing and he just pointed up the stairs (he was three) and it looked like he was playing peek a boo with someone. when i told the dad he was telling me that the same little boy would lay in his bed and stare up at the ceiling and talk about "the people". FREAKING CREEPY!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I was in a restaurant once with my friend and it was one of those places where you had to walk through a door and then 5 feet more through another one, well the outside door was closed but the inside one wasn't. It was winter outside and I looked at my friend and said kind of loudly I'm Cold, right then the inside door slammed shut really loud, it couldn't have been wind and no one was near it, it had been open for like 10 minutes before I said that. So I immediately said, "I want a million dollars" still waiting on that one. haha
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Six years ago, my mother was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. Terminal. Chemo let her have 9 more months with us, but she finally began to fail one Friday evening. Her cat, Smokey, hadn't been allowed in the house since her treatments started because she had little to no immunity against germs. I was holding one hand, and Dad the other when she took her last breath. At that exact moment, on the front porch (nowhere close to the bedroom) Smokey let out what I can only describe as a scream of mortal pain. I went to see if some animal was on the porch hurting him, but it was only Smokey, and he was jumping on the doorscreen, about 5 feet up, then launching himself to the floor and doing it again, all the while howling like mad.

I believe he felt my mother leave us, and was expressing his sorrow the only way he knew how.