25yr old mother of two! Ready to lose weight!

Options
Hi! My name is Amy and I'm 25yrs old. I have two kids, Aiden who is 4 and Zoe who is 9 months. I can no longer blame my weight on my baby so I am ready to do something about it! My short term goal is to lose 15lbs by my daughters 1st birthday, October 30th. But I would like to lose 33-38lbs total. My weakness is soda but I'm dependent on the caffiene(and hate coffee) so I am working on weaning myself off of it so I don't get horrible migraines! I am so excited to start this journey!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,122 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I'm sure you will be able to lose the weight in no time!
  • Bollman_Leah
    Options
    Im 23 and a mother of 2, good luck!
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this!
    My name is Michelle and I am the mother of 2. They are almost 8 and 2.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    What about unsweetened tea?
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this..... I am 28 mother of 3. Maybe we could help each other out!:happy:
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    23 and mother of a 14 month old. It's hard to lose the baby weight, I am still almost 40 pounds above my normal weight and I have only had 1! Good luck!
  • mmildice
    mmildice Posts: 63
    Options
    When I started I had to have Pepsi all of the time. I weaned myself off to two cans a day from probably 3-4 bottles a day. Then I went to the small cans just for the morning. After about a couple of weeks i was able to give it up and not have any bad side effects. Good luck on your journey and add me as a friend if you would like :smile:
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! :) good luck on this journey! I have to have caffiene too, hence my really bad mood today lol the drink machine at work is out of my drink!! but if you can switch to diet drinks and do it in moderation to like one in the am and one at dinner you will be fine!! I'm a mommy of a busy 2 year old and work full time, so I need caffiene to function and I like you am not a fan of coffee!!
  • arissiaward829
    Options
    I really like Coke Zero. And they have many different flavors, you still have your caffeine and NO CALORIES! I think Coke Zero is a lot better than diet coke or diet pepsi.
  • zoe_aiden
    Options
    Thanks! I will try tea! :) I'm not a fan of diet soda at all so probably won't go that route. I'd like to kick soda completely. I never used to drink it until I had kids haha.

And Kim_mc, we have the same starting and goal weights!