How much weight did you lose in the first 6 to 8 months

Options
Hi everyone. I just started my weight loss journey. I am hoping to lose most of my weight by May when I will be traveling with my family. I was hoping some of you could share your 6-8 month weight loss success. Thanks

Replies

• Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @LaurenMT96 Awesome result, congratulations
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    First 5 1/2 months 20 kg (44 pounds) from 170 kg to 150 kg (375 pounds to 330 pounds.)
  • noodlesno
    noodlesno Posts: 113 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Congrats on starting for me that was the hardest. Hit my half way point today (57lbs lost) and started begining of April. My advice is upload photos to the weight ins. On weeks that the plateau happens they really help with the motivation to see the progress side by side. Good luck, you have got this.
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm only at months and down 53 pounds. From 405 on July 11 to 352 Sept 12.
    But I'm also very over weight so it's comes off fast at first
  • suzetteylaya
    suzetteylaya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to myfitnesspal, i want o know how I am going to chart my progress in my weight loss
  • jorichards2
    jorichards2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I lost 36 lbs in the first 8 months and had 3 x 1 week diet breaks on maintenance calories to cope with family events etc

Good luck great thread x
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    8 months in and 40 lbs down, from 200 to 160. I've had 2-months where I made no progress though.
  • Huff870
    Huff870 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started March 12th and have lost 77 pounds.
  • ecrosby512
    ecrosby512 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    25 lbs.
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I lost 66lbs in about 3 months during a weight loss challenge, here at work. Loss after this period was slower, but more sustainable. Your gender, age, and starting weight/% body fat will all factor in to your potential. Overall, slow and steady is the way to KEEP it off, along with lifestyle change.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. It depends on how much you have to lose and how much of a deficit you create. I lost around 65 pounds the first 8 months or so.
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 lbs in the first 5 months with 20-27% deficits. Now I’m going to maintain for a while. ahmra9zlrkh4.png
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    In 6 months I went from 198 to 145, 53 pounds. After that things got hard. It took me another 7 months to lose the next 15 pounds, and I’ve been working on the last 5 for the last 5 months. So it really depends!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!