Alcohol and energy drinks

Options
So technically this is two questions.
I've noticed that it seems like not a lot of people have alcohol in their diary. Does this mean no one drinks? I used to drink and go out quite a bit, but am scaling that back to once a week now. I'm just wondering if anyone out there also drinks and how they log their drinks?
Second topic - energy drinks. I usually drink a Rockstar Recovery about 3-4 days a week for a total of 20 calories for the whole can. Anyone else drink energy drinks - I'm also not seeing a lot of those in people's diaries.
Thanks!

Replies

• JWohlschlegel
    Options
    I DO DRINK, AND USUALLY I WILL WILL JUST SEARCH THE NAME OF THE BEER AND IT IS THERE....OR IF ALL I CAN FIND IS A LIGHT BEER....I KNOW THAT THE BEER I DRINK IS MUCH MORE HEAVY SO I USUALLY SAY THAT I DRANK 2 INSTEAD OF ONE TO MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE. YOU COULD ALSO LOOK UP THE CONTENTS OF WHATEVER YOU ARE DRINKING ...AND MAKE YOUR OWN ENTERY TO ADD INSTEAD OF SEARCHING IT.

I DO NOT DRINK ENERGY DRINKS.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I don't drink alcohol but I do drink energy drinks. I log what I drink so the energy drink goes into my diary.
  • Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I drink - I used to drink red wine until I saw the calories! Now its vodka and diet coke for me (60kcals!)
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    for a few weeks it seemed I was an alcoholic, lol. If I eat it or drink it, I log it. I try not to too much, though, because I have to cut myself off September 1st for 8ish weeks, so I better wean myself off slowly. As for energy drinks, I will have an occassional Monster, and again I log it, too, when consumed. :smile:
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I do drink socially. I will log my glasses of wine with dinners- usually around 120 calories.

And on the weekends I try to do it on my cheat day where I dont log as religously...usually vodka w/diet soda.

Once and a while I have sugar free redbull for a pick me up!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I have an alcoholic drink once a month at most. Usually once every few months but I do log it.

I don't drink energy drinks. They scare me.
  • litljoy2001
    Options
    I have friday night wine night and I googled how many calories are in my wine I drink and I put it in every friday sometimes sat too depending on how my week was..... My wine is 114 calories for a 6 oz glass so I just eat a very light lunch and dinner on the weekends!!!
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I log everything...I drink low carb/sugar free energy drinks everyday and I include that in there. I drink as well and include that in there.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i've been putting my FRS energy drinks in my diary when i drink them. my bday is coming up and i (*gulp) will indeed be logging my beach weekend extravaganza alc drinks in here as well.
  • Lsqueezy
    Lsqueezy Posts: 128
    Options
    Thanks for your responses! I was beginning to think I was an alcoholic or addicted to energy drinks! I still might be. :drinker:
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I drink beer -- sometimes a lot; which I'm trying to curb. Personally, I log everything I consume. Even tea and black coffee. I love a cold beer after a long bout of cardio.

As far as energy drinks, I've stopped drinking them all together.
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I drink socially, but not that often. I'm a lightweight, and so I usually end up splitting something with an equally lightweight friend. Hasn't happened since joining MFP, but it undoubtedly will.
  • kelliehaley
    kelliehaley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I log my alcohol, too. Gotta have my wine or martini! You can find a lot of different types of alcohol in the MFP database. If I can't find it then I use http://getdrunknotfat.com/ to look it up.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I drink - I used to drink red wine until I saw the calories! Now its vodka and diet coke for me (60kcals!)

I'd recommend going back to red wine and just cutting down on the amount (or taking it into account overall). It might be calorie-dense, but it's also full of antioxidants and other things that can benefit you in ways that can more than make up for the calorie count. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/red-wine/HB00089
  • glmeyer
    glmeyer Posts: 7
    Options
    I'll have a glass of wine once in a while (maybe one every other week) which I've been able to find by doing a search. Maybe once a month, my husband will make us both a sidecar - I entered the components in as a recipe and I was able to get the total calories that way. It works pretty slick.

I also don't drink energy drinks....too many unnatural ingredients. I used have them once in a while, but they no longer taste good to me.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    We drink, but not as much as when we were younger.
  • Lsqueezy
    Lsqueezy Posts: 128
    Options
    Get drunk not fat! Ha ha! I love this as it is exactly what I'm looking to do on Saturday nights!
  • MartiTennisMom
    Options
    Check my log, you'll see wine!

I can't stand the taste of energy drinks...

My theory on liquids, if it's ANY calories at all, it should be wine. So my usual hydration is water! My splurge once in a while is a gatorade zero or vitamin water zero, so they don't count as calories.
  • strongissexy1
    Options
    i log my alcohol ! I choose a can of light beer over anything else for the simple reason being I am also on Weight watchers and I can have a beer for 3pts as apposed to a shot of hard liquor for 4-6 pts or a glass of wine for 5
  • psyonix
    psyonix Posts: 12
    Options
    I've heard this but did a little Googling to verify: (taken from http://www.chikymiky.com/metabolism/metabolism-information-articles.aspx?id=19)

You can lose weight while continuing to drink alcohol, as long as you drink in moderation. That means more like once or twice a week. But you should know that alcohol slows your metabolism. Think of your motor skills and your vocal skills when you've had one too many. You're slow like a robot. That's how your metabolism acts when you feed it alcohol. First of all, your body is going to burn off the alcohol for energy before it burns off any fat. That means the more you drink, the less fat you're going to burn and the longer it's going to take you to reach your goal.

//////////
    My wife and I usually keep alcohol to weekends only and it works out well for us.