Can someone help me figure out my TDEE?!

Options
CristinaAnne03
CristinaAnne03 Posts: 22 Member
edited September 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all,
So I was hoping someone can help me figure out my TDEE?
I am 5'2 3/4 ,
25 years old,
118lbs
I work a desk job 3 days week
And I'm a full time student Getting my HR Management degree so I do walk around campus 2 days a week.
I lift weigths for 45mins to and hour 3x's a week.
do 18-20mins of HIIT 2x's a week
I am at the gym for 5 days a week in all.
I'm aiming to lose 1/2lbs a week and its hard adding in the exercise with weight lifting and HIIT because I have a hard time figuring out what I am burning.

Please help a girl out :)!

Thanks!
Cristina

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Use a TDEE calculator? There are multiple websites - scoobysworkshop.com, sailrabbit.com...
  • CristinaAnne03
    Options
    I was doing that. I just tend to get different amounts and then somewhat overwhelmed by them :/
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    I was doing that. I just tend to get different amounts and then somewhat overwhelmed by them :/

It looks like you've been around MFP for a while, and I'm gonna assume that your activities/job/gym are not entirely new... Do you have enough data in your logging to establish a TDEE based on your own physiology and habits? It could be as simple as that -- using your own data to do the math.
  • CristinaAnne03
    Options
    Thanks !
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    I love how you added that 3/4ths of an inch. :D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Pick one, take 10- 15% off to create a deficit, tweak after 4- 6 weeks based on your results.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi Cristina

For a 5'2" female on average it's 1629 per day. You are already at a healthy body weight. Even in nutrition college the calculators are all over the map so we usually use all of them and take an average, and even then it's just an estimate.

1600 would be a good number for you to remember for life. Metabolism is always going to ebb and flow and just like estimating calories - it's merely an estimate; give or take 100-300. The estimates always have to be paired with listening to your body and making judgement calls based on health and how you feel.

At your age I would make sure you have someone you trust who really cares about you, your health, your body image, the reality of what you look like without their own agenda and who understands fitness from a holistic point.

We gain and lose in the large blocks of time, so don't let daily and weekly body weight or body changes hinder your longer term goals, always give each change at least 60-90 days for results.

Cheers to health!

Roberta
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    PS your fat loss is not realistic for the low body fat and low body weight. Something people don't realize is that the bigger fat loss numbers are when people have significant body fat. The less you have, the slower it will go. The smaller you are, the slower it will go. You are in the very very very slow like waiting for grass to grow category. Be patient. You should probably get your body composition tested so that you KNOW this and trust it.
  • CristinaAnne03
    Options
    PS your fat loss is not realistic for the low body fat and low body weight. Something people don't realize is that the bigger fat loss numbers are when people have significant body fat. The less you have, the slower it will go. The smaller you are, the slower it will go. You are in the very very very slow like waiting for grass to grow category. Be patient. You should probably get your body composition tested so that you KNOW this and trust it.

Thank you so much! both your posts were very insightful and helpful! I've been on this journey for quite some time and mentally I've had a hard time figuring out if I am a good size or not. What you said meant a lot.