Optavia newbie

Options
Hey Im Kim.
I have been on optavia for two weeks now. I lost 3 pounds the first week and would hope to lose this weekly until I loose 40-50 pounds.
I really dislike the optavia fuelings. Ugh.

Replies

• Adele_D
    Adele_D Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I don’t know what optician is but welcome to MFP!😊
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I don't know what fuelings are, but if you want to lose weight, you just have to be in a consistent calorie deficit for a long time. 3 pounds per week is not realistic, though. At 40-50 pounds, 2 pounds is good in the beginning, then taper down.
  • godbold2001
    godbold2001 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, I'm Andrea and have been on Optavia for a week now. I had a hard time the first few days with the taste of fuelings, but its gotten better. So far I have lost 6.5 pounds and starting week 2 today! Feel free to add me/friend me, I am happy to help and have been looking into fueling hacks myself. Doing this with others is always a great way to keep you motivated!
  • wjdevans
    wjdevans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim. How is Optavia going for you? I will be starting the 5+1 plan when I get back home in 2 weeks. My brother lost 100 pounds doing it. Im trying to lose 40 pounds. More importantly, I’m hoping to build healthier eating habits.
  • Polly1acracker
    Polly1acracker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started on Sunday and am down 4 lbs in 4 days, but anticipate it increasing as I get my gut into check. Some of the fuelings are a little hard to get down, but not all.
  • sharonfadale
    sharonfadale Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck to both of you! I start the program next week. I’m not very disciplined so my hope is that it’ll keep me in line. How are you doing so far??