Different calorie counts for same product??

Options
So my hubby and I were at the store. I always grab my Twix dark chocolate as my indulgence. I'm addicted to these tbh. I go to grab the regular package and notice that for one cookie its 124 calories. Ok? I look at the king size (because this is what I usually grab) and notice one cookie is 110. So of course I grab the king size one because, DUH, it has less calories.
Anyone else notice little things like this? It now makes me question which one is correct. I know that values can be off by as much as 10% give or take but I like my little oblivious world when I think it's the lesser amount.

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    That seems strange and hard to believe. Were they both dark chocolate? Was the serving size for both actually 1/2 of package? If I remember correctly (haven't looked in quite a while), the regular Twix are serving 1 cookie with 2 servings per package but the king size are serving size 1 cookie with 4 servings per package. I haven't actually noticed an instance where a larger serving on something was listed as fewer calories unless there was some other difference (regular vs. light, milk vs. dark chocolate, etc.).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Maybe King Size pieces are a little bit smaller?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Is the calories per 100 grams the same for both products?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Is the calories per 100 grams the same for both products?
    Unfortunately, US consumers aren't graced with that information in the nutrition facts. :'(:(

I'm thinking that the cookies are different sizes. Candy bar manufacturers have started manufacturing various sizes, not just what used to be "normal" and "Halloween" sizes.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Both were dark chocolate. The regular size was for both cookies which I divided in half while the king size was for one cookie. I did look at the grams but honestly can't remember perfectly what it was. I just thought it was odd.
    I do know that the snack size ones are sweeter and contain more sugar than regular.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    The bars in a king size are actually smaller than in a regular size. They do this for Snickers too. You're not getting twice as much, just more.