When weight drops down to a new number on the scale

Options
Anyone else get excited when they are out of the “80’s” and on to the “70’s”??

As of this morning I was 260 and think tomorrow I can break my way into the 50’s! One day will be in the 00’s

Replies

• emhorn625
    emhorn625 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I do 5 lb mini goals. I hit one today at 175.
  • Hockeymom2three
    Hockeymom2three Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think it’s the best way to do it. I always get more motivated as I near a change in numbers
  • Elijah8468
    Elijah8468 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Definitely feel good when the scale changes but also love when I go down some sizes in clothes. Like damn I'm a large now haha
  • anderska1011
    anderska1011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's great except that I bounce around a lot and my weight loss is pretty slow, so I'll be like, "Yes! I am out of the 180s!" and then the next week will have me right back in them. So it just adds a lot more highs AND lows for me. :/
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yup, that would be me. I measure in kg, and today, for the first time in a very, very long time, I broke the 82 kg barrier! It was super exciting to see the 81.7 kgs on my scale.
    This about the only reason I'm glad the US is still on the English system: I get to change numbers more than twice as fast as I would with metric. ;)

And those poor patient souls who measure their weight in stone have my admiration and sympathy.
  • sugom2
    sugom2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    HaHa, yes--I had that great moment this morning. Went into another decade and started clapping. It's the little things in life that keep us going :)
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I'm close to the '60s, and those are the last 10 pounds before I'm outta obesity. (:
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @mhlew - Yes, absolutely! I have a whole stack of weight numbers I get excited about. I made myself a list, so I could get excited along the way.

Oh, and @RelCanonical - congratulations on your approaching exit of the obesity class! I pay attention to those numbers, too. I am not close to out of obesity yet, but making progress.
  • 0nmiwei
    0nmiwei Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think it is great to those types of drops!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Funny how our perceptions change! I'm just waiting to drop into the 140s again, but nearly two years ago, I was looking forward to the 130s (then badly broke my leg on a dirt bike). Each "decade" feels great, but right now even steady weigh ins at each pound feel like an accomplishment.

Getting my trend line into the new range is even more exciting.
  • OddDitty
    OddDitty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    mhlew wrote: »
    Anyone else get excited when they are out of the “80’s” and on to the “70’s”??

As of this morning I was 260 and think tomorrow I can break my way into the 50’s! One day will be in the 00’s

People may think this is crazy but I decided to do my loss in 10 pound increments. And yes, I get excited about the 10 pound mark every time because its more easily achievable
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, the 5 and 10 pound losses help so much. I too keep an eye on when I will be out of obese and into overweight. It still is quite a ways off. But have moved from morbid obese to obese, so am looking forward to when I can become overweight. And then healthy weight. Still a long road, but on correct path.
  • SandyH2015
    SandyH2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love leaving another "decade" behind. I focus on moving from one decade to another. Makes it so much more doable for me versus thinking about where I am to my final goal.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I've never been in the 200s but always love when someone announces they've hit "onderland". It's awesome!
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Maybe for my weigh in progress pics I will dress in costume to whatever decade I’m in 😂
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    mhlew wrote: »
    Maybe for my weigh in progress pics I will dress in costume to whatever decade I’m in 😂
    Great idea!! :smiley:
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    That's great! Good job! Yes, once the 40 disappeared and 30 appeared on the scale I've been doing my darndest to keep it there!